SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling a MRO for AMI device

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a MRO for a AMI device. The ES was triggered and data requested from MDUS done.

then before I got the confirmation from MDUS I reversed the MRO using EL37. The generated a reversal ES.

SmartMeterMeterReadingDocumentERPCancellationRequest_Out

But when I click on the Object key in EAMIMON01 it gives an error 'Meter reading Document XXXXX does not exist.

the MDUS send a confirmation back of ES SmartMeterMeterReadingDocumentERPCancellationConfirmation_In

but this fails as the Meter Reading Document does not exist.

Has anybody looked into this. Waiting for positive inputs on this.

Thanks,

Rakesh..

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

As per my Understanding you have to test the scenario of Cancelling a MRO for AMI Interval METER.

Service-SmartMeterMeterReadingDocumentERPCancellationRequest_Out.

1.Create an Order.This will inturn create a Billing Order with MDUS status as 01-Request must be created.

2.Create MDUS Request(EMDUSCRTRQ).This will create a request to get the read from the respective MDUS.The MDUS status in the Billing Order will now change to either 03 or 04 or others depending on the success or error.

Services:

UtilitiesTimeSeriesCalculationERPBulkCreateRequest_Out

UtilitiesTimeSeriesCalculationERPBulkCreateConfirmation_In.

3.Now try reversing the read order and it should successfully trigger the service SmartMeterMeterReadingDocumentERPCancellationConfirmation_out and then afer the successful execution from MDUS and ISU will send theresponseSmartMeterMeterReadingDocumentERPCancellationConfirmation_In.

i.e try reversing the order after receiving the confirmation of the read from the MDUS for the respective order.

Hope these steps will successfully help you to test the Cancellation of MRO SCENARIO.And Also I hope that this is what you were looking for.

Thanks & Reagrds,

Pawan

0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

On Cancelling the MRO, the Meter reading document is getting deleted from the system.So once I get the confirmation from MDUS on the cancellation,it shows up as error.(FEH gets triggered).

I wanted to know if this should happen or not. 'deletion of meter reading document before the confirmation from MDUS comes'.

anyways my meters are AMI but not having Interval Registers,so I do not need EMDUSCRTRQ for them.

Thanks,

Rakesh..

sitakant_tripathy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

This seems like a gap in the way functionality has been handled in the SAP and MDUS...I don't actually see any issues other than your Cancel Confirmation Logs being filled up with error messages.

Furthermore, I had a look at the whole functionality and would ask you to look at the following possibilities:

Check how the method CL_ISU_AMI_MRR_MANAGER=>MRD_CANCEL_CONFIRMATION_IN is being called from the proxy class. Going by the current architecture I won't expect the proxy class to do the business validation for the Meter Reading Document. I guess the job of the poxy class should just be to call the MRR_Manager functionality...

In the above mentioned method there is a BADI Call obj_badi_isu_ami_mr->mrd_cancel_confirmation_in which you can implement to clear out the logs being created because of the MR Document not found...

Having said that, this is only a workaround and I think a better way to resolve this would be to raise a call with SAP cause this particular scenario will be valid for all the Customers out there using AMI..

Also, have a look at how the Data in the Table EABLC and EABLGC is being handled throughout the process....

Keep me updated if you already fixed this....

Regards,

Sitakant