cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM 5.0 Item Favorites

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We would like for the users to have the option of identifying an item as a favorite so each user can see in the dashboard the list of all the items he has selected as favorites. This functionality has been available in project management but, do we need to do some activation to have it in the items as well?

Thanks in advance.

Neil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member225645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

An idea:

Have a custom field in the item to identify favorite or not.

Include this field onto Dashboard. User can create an initial view using this field value as filter.

thanks

Mathavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, from what I understand there is not standard solution, is there?

Mathavan, thanks a lot for your suggestion, but if we implemented that then all the users will have the same favorites, which is not actually what we are looking for...

former_member225645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Check if this works:

Ask users to create a(n) (initial) view in dashboard naming it 'favorite'. They can add items considered favorite to the view.

thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean we can add individual items to existing views? That would totally help. How can you do it?

Thanks again!

former_member225645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Create this view with item ID as filter. Users can add items to this filter manually. I would call this 'static' favorites.

Alternately, you can explore other possibilities to create 'dynamic' favorites. For ex., when user wants to call a category of items as their favorites, s/he can create the view with that category value as filter..So, whenever an item is created with that category value, it will get automatically added to the favorite

This experience is obviously different from PPM Project (cProjects) in that users create 'favorites' view not from within each item!

thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your point of view. Although, as you say, the experience might be less user friendly, I think it provides us with a workaround.

I will anyways raise the consideration to SAP that it is confusing that the standard "favorites" functionality is available in PPM Projects and PLM but not in Portfolio.

Answers (0)