cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How system will create billing automatically ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sd gurus pl help me

If the Ship to party fails to send the POD within the stipulated time, which is mentioned in the time frame in pod , the system will automatically create the

Billing.

How system will create billing automatically ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

venu please check this

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1112774

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

... the system will automatically create the

Billing.

The system shall not automatically create a billing document. The delivery is confirmed automatically

See SAP Help, F1, field "POD timeframe"

Timeframe for Confirmation of POD

Period in days, in which proof of delivery is expected from the recipient. If there is no confirmation in this time, the delivery is confirmed automatically when this time period is up, without differences.

After confirmation of delivery in the POD, to create a billing document, see steps in below link

in particular see Scenario 2

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-27487

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't about Automatic Billing from POD.

But the general concept is that if you have set the POD indicator in Customer Master & enter the Time Frame say 30 days.

Now what will system do is that till 30 days from Delivery, system will allow you to create Invoice only if the POD Confirmation is received & entered in system. If the POD confirmation is not entered system, Invoice cannot be created.

But, oce the time frame lapses, i.e. after 30 days system will allow you to create the Invoice, whether or not the POD Confirmation is entered in system.

I would also like you to run a demo case in your Test Server with a POD indicator in Customer Master.

Hope this clarifies,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

run a demo case in your Test Server

According to my understanding the SH To party transfers POD / confirmation of received quantity via IDOC.

To test this query / issue, how can we "overcome" the above step?

In test system, I donot have IDOC functionality.

I too want to do some tests, in order to increase my knowledge in POD process.

Thank you!

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello T W,

Please access T-Code VPLOD.

SAP Menu - Logistics - Sales and Distribution - Shipping and Transportation - Proof of Delivery - VLPOD - Change Single Document

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

There are 2 steps in the POD process:

1) VLPOD - verification

2) VLPODQ - confirmation

After confirmation of a delivery, the corresponding billing document can be made.

Business scenario: Ship To party sends POD via IDOC to company's SAP system. If there are no differences between received quantity and shipped quantity, then both the above steps are done automatically.

POD timeframe = 7 days

Issue: After 10days of receipt of goods (by the SH To party), there is no IDOC sent from SH to company. Thus the delivery is confirmed, i.e. can be billed. If on the 13th day an IDOC is sent by the SH To party with confirmed quantity not equal to shipped quantity, then what are the next steps (by the company in SAP system)?