cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto blocking for range of raw materials and plants.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Client need auto-blocking for range of raw material when expiry date reached i have tested for one material ,plant and batch its working fine but need help on below scenario.

lets say range of raw material 120000000 to 121000000 and plant-7001-7080

when i check in QMAT all material is not activated for 09 inspection type in QM view client say they will activate later for all materials.

1. when i will create variant in QA05 for these range of naterial and plant will it work for all range of material and plant whatever activated at present and leave those maerial which are not activated

2. when later user will activate 09 for remaing material and plant will same variant work

3. one material is activated in multiple plant will system recognise all batch for material  and multiple plant combination.

Please advise so that i can setup variant.

Regards,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you just need blocking of batches (and no inspection lot creation) you can also consider using the shelf-life expiration date instead of recurring inspection.

Regards
MH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply,

yes we want only blocking for some of the materils but how we can block by using shelf-life expiration date instead of recurring inspection .

I can find expired material in mb5m

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to set the "total shelf life" and the "period indicator for SLED" on the plant data storage 1 view in your material master. Then activate the transfer of these values to you batches (will go to "shelf life expiration date" on Basic data one of your batch), e.g. during goods receipt. Depending if you have batch status management active QA07 will then change the batch status or post the inventory to blocked stock.

See http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=217383204 for details on the settings of QA07.

MH