Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a user field in SU01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Experts,

My client asked me to add a user field in TCode SU01.

This field should be mandatory.

Is it posible ? How can I do it ?

Thanks !

Rami Kleiman

4 REPLIES 4

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The question itself is more of a development issue, not really security related, so I do not think this is the right forum. What we can try, is help you fulfil the requirement without development.

What (kind of) field does your client want and why should it be mandatory?

0 Kudos

Hello,

In my system in SU01 --> Logon Data tab there is a field called Cost Center, which my client wants it to be mandatory. A couple of days ago, the client wasn't sure which field he wants.

Also, I couldn't find the table which holds the data of the Cost Center and the Username.

Do you know such a table ?

Regards,

Rami Kleiman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rami,

Tcode SHD1 should be helpful. You can set default values here.

Yourt ABAPer shoudl be able to help you, for more info in this.

Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rami,

To my understanding of FI/CO. Some companies implement FI module alone. Some of them Go for Cost module. Some might have both, but implement FI model which could be related to Fund Management And others could have a accounting policy to use Costing. So it all depends on the policy or the principle of accounting which a company wants to follow. I have looked at projects of 7 or 8 clients where in SU01 cost center is blank. Because they all work under fund management principle. And i understand that SAP is implemented accordingly based on the principles which a co wants to follow and implement. And this is my basic understanding of FI/CO modules. I could be wrong. There are other experts who could advise on this. So it all depends as to what the client is wanting to do and why.  And then do things accordingly. And discuss what is the best method to achieve it. Rather than blindly finding ways to populate a particular field. This is just my suggestion to you.

Regards

indu