cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to create inquire and quotation for bill of material ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sd gurus

i have one doubt about bill of material , is it possible to create inquire and quotation for bill of material ?

thank u so much just give me clarify

venu gopal reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is it possible to create inquire and quotation for bill of material ?

Yes.

Business example: A company sells Material: COMPUTER100, this material consists of a computer, mouse, keyboard.

Thus a BOM with main item = COMPUTER100 and sub items computer, mouse, keyboard.

When a potential / future customer wants an inquiry or a quotation, it should be possible to create this material (COMPUTER100) in both documents. Thereafter when the customer wants to buy this material, a sales order is created for the same material. Also delivery and later billing document are created for BOM. (i.e. COMPUTER100)

Configuration settings for the creation of a sales order with BOM are sufficient for the creation of BOM for other sales documents (e.g. inquiry, quotaiton, contracts etc.) I.e. no extra configuration settings are need for creation of inquiry, quotation with BOM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What was the reason for asking this query?

Maybe I could give you some more business examples or configuration related explanation too.