cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing item category in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sd gurus good mng and have a nice day

i have small doubt we changing item category( in vov4) in third party business process ,here my doubt is if we are not changing item category what will happen ,what is exact need of changing  item category

i searched in the forum also before posting.

thank a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you so much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello T W,

Is there a way to configure the default item category based on the customer number range or something else related to customers?  Or does it have to be done via ABAP program?

Scenario:

Regular customer orders item A, then default item category is TAN

Employee customer orders item A, then default item category should be TANN (free of charge)

I'm trying to avoid relying on a user to manually change the item category.

Thanks.

NP

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For employee customers you could have a particular sales document type (e.g. ZEOR).

In VOV4, default item category (i.e. TANN) can be determined for this sales document type.

Another way & Better way is to have a condition record for this "employee customer" with 100% discount for condition type K007.

Thus no need to change the item category. But the Net value would become zero for employee customer.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we changing item category( in vov4) in

Please understand your above sentence is incorrect.

Changing of item category is done in the sales order (in VA01 / 2). This is done by the enduser and is a "transaction related activity".

Configuring MltCa ("alternate item category") and DfltC ("Default item category") is done in VOV4. Configuring this is done by a SD consultant and not by an enduser.

Thus we don't change item category in VOV4, we change item category in VA01/2.

Important: To change item category in VA01/2, first the relevant configuration has to be done in VOV4.

How and what a consultant conveys to his/her clients is very important. That is the reason why I share this post with you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

very nice information thanks a lot