cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Management Issue - order blocked for delivery as a result of credit check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Our business requirement was only to see the pop up window at sales order and delivery levels along with the credit limits.

For the above business requirement i had configured "automatic credit control" in OVA8 instead of "simple credit check" with following data

Document Controlling:

1. No credit check : 1
  2. Item Check : checked

Checks:

Open Deliveries: Checked, Open Orders: Checked

Reaction               Status/Block

Static                            C                        checked

Open Items                    C                        checked

Oldest Open items         C                         checked 

and maintained the credit limits at FD32.

Once the credit limit is exceeded i am getting the error "order blocked for delivery as a result of credit check" while creating the delivery.

As our business not required,with out releasing the sales order at VKM3 is there any other solution or we have to go ahead with "simple credit check" only.

Please suggest.

Thanks&Regards

A.Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sidi_reghioui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

You have checked the Status/Block fields, so when the parameters you maintained in OVA8 are checked, you get a message and the document is blocked because of creit check and you'll have to release through VKM3.

Sidi.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Though i am able to create the delivery document, but not able to do PGI facing the same old error.

Please suggest.

Regards

A.Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you must use reaction 'A' in ova8

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

remove the credit group for "GI credit group" in the relevant delivery type

IMG>SD>Basic Functions>Credit Management/Risk Management>Credit Managment> Assign Sales document and Delivery document

Credit limit check for delivery types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Many thanks for the replies, i have unchecked the fields "status/block" and could achieve what i need.

Thanks&Regards

A.Anil

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

or we have to go ahead with "simple credit check" only.

Glynn C. Williams author of Implementing SAP ERP Sales & Distribution, deems simple credit check as obsolete and recommends not to be used by companies. (Page 408)

If your company does not want to release blocked documents then a solution might be to schedule a job - say every 4hrs...depending upon business needs - which executes VKM4 in the background.

Please discuss with the ABAPer and the business, to "fine-tune" the details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

why don't simply change the reaction to warning?

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

As our business not required,with out releasing the sales order at VKM3 is there any other solution or we have to go ahead with "simple credit check" only.

What I can understand from this is your business has some reservations of using VKM3, may I just know what could be the reason ??

Regards,

Sridhar

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

when you can active the simple credit check , but you maintain ova8 and fd32 ,

the issue is not reverent for credit management, it is customer details error.

please at sale order header level, at billing tab at payment guaranty procedure, you can remove that field , then you will check 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for you reply, we are not using any payment guarant.proc at VOV8.

And there is no delivery block at VOV8,VOV6.

Anil

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

t not come form vov8,

it comes from customer master , go to customer master sale area data , at billing tab , payment guaranty procedure-00002 it is remove

and also check the go to va02 and header level billing tab at field payment guaranty proceduref field

please check this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As you suggested checked at both the levels, it was empty.

Please suggest.

Anil