Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't link desicion point and proj.phase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts

Need your assistance.

Under PPM 5.0 I can’t link proj. phase to decision point when creating proj from portf.item.

The proj is created, I can go to it from the item by button.

But phases are not matched. And i don't see the proj.number in the relationships tab.

All relevant DFM settings are made.

Can’t figure what’s the problem.

Thanks and regards

Viktor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a similar problem. The item templates are in place and they are correctly mapped. However when creating an item the phases are not automatically linked anymore. How do I manually add phases to a project in version 6.0 /5.0?

Thanks

Regards

Khopotso

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue was resolved.

former_member225645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Viktor,

Generally followed these steps:

-Item and project templates are active and released respectively.

-Item template is mapped to project template with assignment of Decision Points to Phases via config

-not made any changes to standard DFM config.

When creating item with this template, also created a project. This project can also be seen at 'Relationship'--->'Related Object' screen. I selected this project and clicked the button 'assign subobjects' to view (&make optional changes to) the automatic DP-Phase assignment (based on the config.).

thanks,

Mathavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mathavan

The fact is that there were no DFM settings in our test Client. I copied them from 000 client. They are, apparently, equal.

I think that the proj was not correctly linked automatically to the item. I can see the record on 'Related Object' screen but i can't see the number of the project. Though i can go to the linked project from the item.

Regards

Viktor