Using at flat file in server as a datasource for UNX universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts;

System

---------

BO 4 - installed on AIX box

Using IDT for unx universe creation.

I've a requirement where the data source for my UNX universe will be a flat file stored in one of the folders in the BO server.

How do i create a data source in server(AIX), and how do i reference it in my connection? All my searches pointed to creating universe on top of excel and text files on the local system. But my requirement is that the file would  be in server.

Is it possible to create relational connections from CMC? I couldn't find any options.

If i create the connection locally (in my windows machine); and publish the universe in repository, i see the connection i created in CMC->Relational Connections. Which data source is this connection in CMC pointing to? Can i modify it to point to my source file (in the same server)?

Pls help; I have been stuck without a solution for over a week now

Thanks!

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member793810
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you getting some error message when creating the universe or you want to know the steps?

Why are you creating DS on the AIX server?

You can create and do every thing from client machine. Client tools are not installed on the server.

These files are saved on the server. You can create ODBC from your machine and you can launch IDT and create universe on the top of Excel Files. I assume that your server has ODBC drivers installed on it.

When you publish the universe you can use it.

Regards,

Bashir Awan