cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Network Infrastructure

srbruso
Newcomer
0 Kudos

We are in the process of moving from UNIX to Linux and I'm interested in documents concerning network infrastucture best practices for SAP.  Any direction on where to look would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just a complement to the other two posts above, if your question is more security-oriented, SAP Security Guide is a good staring point for you as well. This guide is available at http://help.sap.com (click here for NW 7.02 one).

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Jose M. Prieto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

seconding Michael, I assume the case you have no network analysis in place for your old UNIX platform.

I suppose you are targeting network operation (and not implementation phase: system copy)?

If this is true, network best practises practically come down to sizing and availability.

Depending on the criticality of your business processes will be very likely a topic for you (if needed create a risk management analysis before). Not sure if SAP offers any documents on specific customer specific risk profiles.

Regarding performance please check the following links (depending on your gui scenario)

- service.sap.com/sizing => Sizing Guidelines => Solutions & Platforms => Others => Frontend network requirements for SAP solutions

- service.sap.com/sizing => Sizing Guidelines => General Sizing Procedures => Network Load WTS

Don't forget to consider printing, interfaces as well as end user gui load.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well i don't have a document, but there is no difference between a Unix and a Linux server when it comes to network.

You need an IP address and a hostname. The shorter your roundtrip and the higher your throughput the better. If availability is an issue, then you might bond two interfaces to one address. But basically you can put the new Linux server on the same plug where the Unix box was.

Cheers Michael