cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host spool access method "G" and host printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have created a printer (ABC) with host spool access method "G".

As host printer we have set the name of the local windows printer "HP Laserjet". This printer is defined local on the windows frontend but is not defined as standard printer,

The flag "No Device Selection at Frontend" is activated.

We want to achieve that we can directly act with the HP Laserjet printer without switching the default printer.

The problem is, that always the default windows printer is used if the user selects the ABC printer in SAP.

How is it possible to address directy a local windows printer which is not the default printer?

Thanks

Arnfried

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all and thanks for your answers.

Host printer is the name of the printer at operating system level.

Note that this name is case-sensitive. Under Microsoft Windows, there must not be a space in the printer name, and network printers are addressed using their UNC names (in the format \\\). The specification __DEFAULT calls the defaultMicrosoftWindows printer (for example, for front end printing in a Microsoft Windows environment).

So we want to predefine the host printer as "HP LaserJet". If the SAP usere selects printer ABC it should automatically print on the local printer "HP LaserJet" and not on the default printer.

We want no printer leist to to select the printer.

Therefor we have set the flag "No Device Selection at Frontend" .

But every time we print on ABC the local default frontend printer is used.

Is it not possible to presect a local printer?

Arnfried

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnfried Doetsch,

Please try setting the Parameter ID as mentoioned in Note 131277 - Print parameters default values and see whether that helps

Also, review this Microsoft article

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Automatically-switch-default-printers-between-home-work-...

Regards,

Krishna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible for you to use a front end printer in SAP ?

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The host spool method G is upgraded version of F

F method was used for frontend printing . Means the printer which is WFP or the printer which is attached or configured on PC on which SAP frontend running ,can be selected and printed

The probelm with this method was the restriction on printer name which was connected to PC or in network like spaces ,special characher in printer name

With method G ,you can use such printer names and print on those for printer ABC if it is G ,then I guess it will ask for which exact printer you want to print if you have more than one printer configured on your PC

For ex: I have LOCL as printer with method G ..I have 3 printer configured on my PC ..abc ,bcd,xyz with xyz as default for my PC

Still when I slect LOCL from SAP ,it gives me list of abc,bcd,xyz and I can select

Hope this can give some clue to you I guess

Success!!