cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE-FX migration between different SAP servers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

does anybody know about the Note 1666869 - Migrating data from legacy system to SAP system    
or have used it?

I am looking for a way to migrate the Renewals, active or posted... because I have to activate the Contract before activating the Renawal.

For example, the Contract (in server 1) is on the second renewal, today I have to migrate this Contract to the server 2... but how does it carry the renewals historicals (table VICNRN)? Are there BAPIs?

Tks,

Kathia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kathia,

I am afraid that there is no BAPI available to migrate the renewals history.

But you may try out the following: Create the options as automatic renewals

• Create the contract with BAPI and first contract end as defined
  • Create the active renewals as automatic renewals

Hope this helps.

Regards, Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franz,

Thank you for your reply!

Today all the Renewal Rules are configured as Option, so I have to change then to Automatic in:

Flexible Real Estate Management (RE-FX)

Contract

Renewal

Renewal Rules

and Individual Rules as Automatic too.

This is due to the fact that Automatic renewal does not require either approval or activation? But do you have any idea if I have to re-change the automatic to option again, this is because the customer uses and needs the option type of renewal.

Tks

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kathia,

could you please check if you are able to rechange the renewal type using the BAPI_RE_CN_CHANGE, parameter 'TERM_RENEWAL_X').

Additionally you have to create entries in table VICNRN for the options using an individual program (no BAPI is available for this). (You may compare with the manually created contract to see which entries are needed in table VICNRN)

Please check afterwards carefully if the data are consistent and follow-up processes can be performed without any problems.

Regards, Franz

kathia
0 Kudos

Hi Franz,

Ok, I will check the BAPI!

But I have a doubt,  when you suggest to create entries in table VICNRN, do you mean a table update? Carry data from VICNRN (server 1) to VICNRN (server 2).

Thank you so much for your help!

My best regards,

Kathia

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kathia,

the entries in table VICNRN have to be created with a customer specific program using a table update.

But please observe that table VICNRN uses an internal key field (INTRENO).

INTRENO of the old contract and INTRENO of the new contract are not the same. Therefore you have to change to new INTRENO.

I would suggest that you read the entries in VICNCN from server 1 and add field for the (external) contract number and company code. Then you can use this information to read VICNCN in server 2 and get the new INTRENO and then insert to VICNRN.

Please check carefully if everything works fine afterwards.

Regards, Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franz,

I will talk to the technical team, thank you so much for your help!

My best regards,

Kathia

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kathia,

thanks for your feedback. You are welcome.

Regards, Franz

Answers (0)