SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect IS-U with more than one MDUS (meter data unification and synchronization system)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

the connection between SAP IS-U and one MDUS is pretty straight forward. All automatically used enterprise services use the according standard logical port configured in the SOAMANAGER.

But how can I connect more than one MDUS? For some services you could change the implementation in the according BAdI and create an instance of the according proxy with another logical port. But some services (like automatically sent confirmation message for an incoming result) just provides the possibility to change the message content, but not the possibility to change the used logical port or to suppress the message. So how would I configure the system to use another logical port / receiver for an enterprise service depending on the e.g. customized AMS system?

Is there any possibility to do this via customizing? Or maybe could you define this in the SOAMANAGER (e.g. via receiver determination)?

Thank you very much for your reply!

Kind regards,

Thomas

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Interesting question.

I have used 2 MDUS from Itron and eMeters ,but seperately.

In the customizing as we can see AMI->Basic Settings-> Define Adv Meter Cap.

we can define the MDUS and then the Advance Metering System for that MDUS.

So most of the request/confirmation from ECC have the AMS sent in the payload(UtilitiesAdvancedMeteringSystemID) so that should not be a problem.

on the receiver determination(PI system) part I am blank on it.

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers,

Rakesh..

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

thank you for your fast reply. As I understand, you used different MDUS from different IS-U systems?

I have customized the system exactly as you did and the AMS is sent in the payload exactly as you mentioned. But this still does not help me to route the message / enterprise service to the correct destination.

As I said, for some services (i.e. SmartMeterMeterReadingDocumentERPCreateRequest_Out) you could suppress the call of the enterprise services and call it by yourself with the correct logical port (depending on the AMS stored in UtilitiesAdvancedMeteringSystemID). But for other services there is no according BAdI (i.e. MeterReadingDocumentERPResultCreateConfirmation_Out).

Maybe there are other BAdI's, where you could set the logical port, before the instance of the Proxy of the enterprise service is generated?!

So maybe somebody else has an idea, how to route an enterprise service to the correct destination (defined in according logical port). I would prefer a solution without the PI, since I use the enterprise services also without the PI.

Kind regards,

Thomas

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

To use the Enterprise services without PI you can use the Point to Point Communication using the ENTERPRISE SERVICE REGISTRY .

1.Using SOAmanager Transaction Find the respective service.

2.Create the Endpoint and use the wsdl of selected binding .

3.Publish the service definition  in ESR and expose the service in ESR.

Refer the Following SAP HELP.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce711/helpdata/en/45/614268d3f83bdbe10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

I hope this helps

Regards,

Pawan

0 Kudos

Hello Pawan,

thank you for your reply. May be I did not state it clearly: Our system is working fine if it is just using one MDUS. I have just no clue how to connect it two 2 MDUS at the same time, such that it recognizes to which MDUS it should send the enterprise service depending on the device.

To #2: With "Endpoint" you mean the "logical port"? That is excactly what I did. But actually I do not have just one logical port, but 2 logical ports (one refers to the MDUS1 binding and the other refers to the MDUS2 binding).

Now the IS-U always uses the logical port which is set as standard. But I need the system to be able to use both logical ports depending on the customized AMS system. So actually our implementation always sends the ES to the same MDUS (depending on which logical port is set as standard logical port).

Any ideas?

To #3: Why would I have to publish the service definition to the ESR? I could not find the reason about that in your link.

Thank you and kind regards

Thomas