cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIRO - Tax code at basic tab and Tax code at item

krishg
Active Participant

Is there a easy way to propagate the tax code on the basic data tab (MIRO header) to all the items? As far as I can see, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do this (config or via program)

Is it okay to change the tax code manually for the items ?

Is there any way to perform this automatically (we have so many items for each invoice that it is a huge task to change this manually). I have seen some threads in SDN regarding this issue, but do not have a clear answer    

Thanks

soraya_mejias
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks

The PO's are usually big, more than 150 position. So change code manually is not an option. I will try enhancement. There is no invoice tax default and I already configure OBZT.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186100
Active Contributor

Krish Gopalan wrote:

Is there a easy way to propagate the tax code on the basic data tab (MIRO header) to all the items? As far as I can see, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do this (config or via program)

No standard way

Is it okay to change the tax code manually for the items ?

Yes , it is totally OK

Is there any way to perform this automatically (we have so many items for each invoice that it is a huge task to change this manually). I have seen some threads in SDN regarding this issue, but do not have a clear answer   

You need to stress on maintaining correct tax code in purchase order , same tax code is automatically defaulted in during MIRO. Then you will not need to change tax code during MIRO. And you have functionality of fast change in ME22N so whenever you have correct information preferably before GR you can update it there with ease.

Thanks

krishg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Avinash, We are implementing new tax software in our system. As a result, whenever a new invoice verification is carried out, the business wants to change the tax code (Goods receipt is already carried out so we cannot change the tax code on the purchase order).

Bijay / Tej, If I click on the 'Calculate Tax ' indicator on Basic tab, will tax code on the item level be updated from the tax code at the header?

former_member186100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Krish Gopalan wrote:

Bijay / Tej, If I click on the 'Calculate Tax ' indicator on Basic tab, will tax code on the item level be updated from the tax code at the header?

No it wont , method suggested by Tej will work only for planned delivery cost (as there is no tax code assigned to them in PO) not for proper material item

krishg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you, Avinash

Avinash / Bijay, If I were to ask the developer to change the tax code at an implicit enhancement point (right after the determination of tax code) what would be the risk associated with such a change. 

former_member186100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont see any risk doing so, i have seen people developing programs to change more sensitive details  , but of course u will do testing of enhancement in test environment before going to productive client.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have solved the same issue with implicit Enhancement in include LMRMDF0H, form t_drseg_aufbauen_pruefen_1, at the end of form code I cleared position tax code in a loop:

ENHANCEMENT 1  ZMUK_MIRO_TAXCODE_EDIT."active version

FIELD-SYMBOLS <ls_drseg> LIKE LINE OF t_drseg[].

LOOP AT t_drseg ASSIGNING <ls_drseg>.

CLEAR <ls_drseg>-mwskz.

ENDLOOP.

ENDENHANCEMENT.

After that system is propagating tax code automatically from MIRO header to all the items.

You can see also BADI  EXTENSION_US_TAXES.

krishg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your answers.

soraya_mejias
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks. I will try this

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Easy way will be after executing MIRO & Before entering your PO No., first enter the Proper Tax code in Basic data tab & press enter after that enter the PO No., In this way the Tax code entered in Basic data will flow to all the Items of PO in MIRO in one shot. Also it is OK to change the Tax code Manually.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

During invoice (MIRO) tax code/s will flow from Purchase Order to Invoice, you need remove default tax code in MIRO header (as tax code set for default entry in MIRO) and as needed by you keep always it BLANK, just select check box of "Calculate tax" and let all tax codes  there item level which flows from Purchase Order,so system will calculate all tax rate for each as you have tax codes in line items.

NOTE:

The t.codes: OMR2( to set default tax code) & OBZT(to appear all tax codes) used for MIRO screen.

Regards,

Biju K