cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS2 premises for using XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

after doing a workshop with Seeburger (AS2, EDI) a client of ours wants to get rid of his VAN solution for sending EDIFACT. Therefore he would like to use the AS2 Adapter of Seeburger and also the BIConverter.

But the Network of our client is that huge that it seems to be nearly unmanageable to have an open connection from XI to the internet.

Does somebody have some experience in how to let XI connect to the internet permanently?! Consider also that the client has some firewalls, proxy and is a little firghtend of opening the system for the internet

Thx for any help!!!

br, Jens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To my knowledge and as Krishan

Moorthy mentioned WebService will help you in your scenerio.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx to all of you.

I thought about WS but i havn't done it before with WS.

In my understanding, i will have my scenario (IDoc2Flatfile(EDIFACT)) via AS2.

So i can reach my WS via AS2!? Where to "deploy" the WS, open in the internet?!

Can you please refer to some hints. As mentioned i have no clue about this!

br, Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the connectivity point of view (expose XI on internet) my previous post is valid even for Web Services.

Regards

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jens,

Check this weblog where he had demonstrated of how to use webservice and deploy the webservice:

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/03/invoke-webservices-using-sapxi

For testing the webservice you can use any of the tools downloaded free from internet like XML SPY, Mindreef SOAP SCOPE, Stylus Studio etc. Check this weblog on how to test the webservice:

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/03/01/testing-xi-exposed-web-services

---Satish

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to expose the scenarios in the internet, it is advisable to go with WebServices. You can invoke webservices from XI or receive messages from services into XI.

Hope this gives some hints.

Rgds,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Depending from the direction of your connection, you can go via "HTTP Proxy" specifing it directly in the <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/64dbb0af9f30b4e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm">Adapter</a> for connections form SAP XI to the partner, and the <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/42/5cfd3b0e59774ee10000000a114084/frameset.htm">SAP Web Dispatcher</a> for connections from the partners to SAP XI.

You can find helpfull information in the document <a href="https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/002006825000000123042000.GIF">TCP/IP Ports Used By SAP Software</a>

Regards,

Sandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I did exactly this thing with a customer of ours and using the AS2 connector of seeburger!

Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

so in my understanding u did as suggested?!

You put the Java Web Dispatcher on a webserver which is connected to the internet and the dispatcher gets the send parameter of the R3 of the client side which is "covered" in AS2-envelope?! The dispatcher then sends the data to the receiver given in some table-entries of the dispatcher?!

Do u have any documentation on how u installed everything?! i am real newbie concerning this issue.

thx for any help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Jens,

we have the Web Dispatcher set up in a way the it routes the as2 requests straight to XI.

XI does the as2 encryption / decryption using the seeburger as2 adapter.

If you do not have seeburger, you can use OpenAS2 server.

Place this server in your DMZ so that it receives and en/decrypts the AS2 communication.

The EDI messages could then be collected/posted from XI via ftp or nfs.

Regards

Matthias