Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

obtain permanent license for new system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need your advice regarding one topic.

I have installed a new system and now I need to put a permanent license on it.

I checked the market place and I can see that I can add the system in the license keys section if I select an already existing installation number.

My installation number is INITIAL on the new system and I do not want to attach this system with an existing one.

How can I obtain a permanent license and also a new installation number for my new system?

Best regards,

manoliv

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

For a new installation number you need to contact SAP. They will probably charge you for that !

What I will do is make use of the existing installation number. You can have mulitple SAP systems of same product type under one installation number.

I don't see any reason for not using this existing one.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ruchit,

Thank you for your answer. Very helpful. That is what I did and worked.

Best regards,

manoliv

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your instalation number should be provided by SAP on the base of you contract. You should be able to see it in SAP Marketplace. The installation number on the SAP system should be updated as soon as the new license is installed.

If you cant see the right installation number in SMP contact your SAP Account Manager.

Regards, Juan

PS:

My installation number is INITIAL on the new system and I do not want to attach this system with an existing one.

You cannot pull a license from another system definition in SMP, if the system belongs to the same landscape you should create a new system under the same installation number.

Message was edited by: Juan Reyes