cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is custom item category?

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have to grip on total item categories but i don'' know what is custom item category.My opinion is any new requirement coming from client about ,by that time we have to consult ABAPER and customization the new item category.please give me proper explanation in this topic.Actaully i search in Google ,there is no that type of thread.

Thanks ,

Naren

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,,

If the default item categories are not satisfied business requirement than we create new item categories in Tcode VOV7, these item categories name start with Yor Z ( sap recommended) and these are called custom item categories .

Regards,

Patchala.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Multiple item categories can be had in one sales order. An item categories helps to have different processes in one sales order.

E.g.

In one sales order -

Line item 10 could be a sevice item (servicing of TV)

Line item 20 could be a delivery item (sales of TV)

Line item 30 could be a free of charge goods (one DVD, free of cost, given as a promotional material)

Item category can be standard e.g. TAN, REN, AGN, KBN etc.

Item category can be customized starting with Y or Z

Customized item category is made on the basis of a customer requirements.

The creation of custom item category is done by the Functional consultant (ABAPer not required).

Go to VOV7 and check what are the important functionalities in an item category E.g.

- pricing

- billing relevance

- schedule line allowed

- billing block

- completion rule

- functionalities for BOM

etc.

Ask the client, what are his requirements. After reading the theory related to VOV7 (item category).

Copy a standard item category e.g TAN and name it ZTAN and start configuring / setting in various fields.

Check whether (which) the client requirements are met. And then convey the progress to your client.