Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

manual lot

former_member212685
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

we have a batch of finished product  in store batch = 100 kgs.

now when i am making manual inspection lot with 89 inspection type system is allowing me to put more quantity than batch quantity (100kgs).

how it is possible????

siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An 89 inspection lot is not stock relevant.  You can't process stock with it so it doesn't look at stock. 

SAP never really meant 89 inspection lots to be used as a normal part of your business process.  It was meant to be used in "one-off" situations and special or unusual circumstances.

An example why you don't want to have the 89 related to stock. 

You ship 80 drums of material to a customer.  The customer complains about it.  You create an 89 inspection lot using inspection points that creates one inspection point for every 4 drums. (4 drums to a pallet)  The customer overnights you 20 samples to be tested, (one sample per pallet of 4 drums).  If the 89 was stock relevant you could not run this as you wouldn't have stock in your plant.  Just the samples.

FF

former_member212685
Participant
0 Kudos

FF,

suggest me what to do in this below  situation:

we putted stock in store of 100 kgs batch

client wants RR  for this batch of 50 kgs again .

siva

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What I don't know is what has led to this retest? Is this a failure of the lt when first produced? A customer return?  Something damaged in the warehouse?

Since I don't know what is the cause here's some ideas.

Since this appears to be a retest, you can use a manual lot like you did.  You can create with an 89 lot as you did. Or you can create an 04 lot with reference to the original proces order.  I prefer using the 04 when this is a retest of a production batch.  You would be using the same inspection plan and process as the normal production receipt does.

Option two:  When the batch fails and needs to be retested, DON'T make the UD.  The results on the tests can be marked as invalid and new results recorded.  The orginal results remain in the system for documentation but are ignored and the new result can be recorded.

Option 3:

Activate and setup the 08 inspection type.  USe MIGO and use Movement type 322 to place material back into QI.  This WILL give you a stock relevant inspection lot.

FF

Answers (0)