SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking fund centers to cost centers

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

I have created a commitment item selling and have assigned it to the relevant GLs, afterwards i created a fund center named selling. Now i want to assign this fund center to all cost centers in hierarchy selling as have been defied in OKEON. In FMBB i posted budget entry against these commitment item and fund center..

In cost center i can not find any field for linking to fund center. Do we have to make use of derivation rule here. If yes then please guide me how because i am not familiar with derivation in FM .

Br

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

Yes, you have to create derivation rule via FMDERIVE transaction. For this type of derivation, the appropriate rule type would be 'Derivation rule' setting cost centre as source and fund centre as target fields. For more info about FMDERIVE please read available material on SCN/help.sap.com

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

Yes, you have to create derivation rule via FMDERIVE transaction. For this type of derivation, the appropriate rule type would be 'Derivation rule' setting cost centre as source and fund centre as target fields. For more info about FMDERIVE please read available material on SCN/help.sap.com

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hello Eli, could I ask you something about this?

Why did you say that the appropiate rule type whould be "Derivation Rule" ?

If the cost center, and fund center have got the same "code", I mean for example: P1000

He can define a "Assignment" rule type, can't he?

Surce fld: COST_CENTER

Target fld: FUND_CENTER

Please tell me if I am wrong.

I am always learning new things .

Regards,

Osvaldo

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it's the same coding, then 'yes'. Just in most cases, it's not the same, or more than one cost centre is assigned to one fund centre.

0 Kudos

Great! Thanks for replay!