Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hetrogenious system copy - Required users for Export run

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

can you please tell me which Users(like sidadm,orasid) SapInst will ask for during  Export run  of system copy for Oracle/HPUX with NW7.01 UC. I am not finding this in system copy guide..please give me any suggestion or Notes or Guide with this info.

I need to ask for all passwords for these relevant user in advance.

thanks a lot !!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

During export it will not ask for any user password. But you need to make sure that before running export, you should have ddic user password in client 000. Because it will ask for this password during import.

Thanks

Sunny

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I'm sorry to ask you again.. but actually i have a document of system copy export for DB2/Unix.. for NW2004sSR2 where i can see it has few screens where it is asking for user

ABAP Connect user

Java connect user

SAP System admin(sidadm)

database admin(db2SID)..

Do i have to provide new passwords for this users ??

thanks a lot for your help.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your system using Oracle or DB2?..  You should not be following a system copy guide for a Database that is not the one you currently run.

Regards, Juan

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

my current system is Oracle 10g.

I have a screenshot documents of export with DB2 database and i was just checking it.

anyway.. If i understand you, it will not ask for sidadm, orasid etc passwords on Oracle.. right ??

thanks

ashish

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Right.

But you do have to read the System Copy guide and make sure all the requirements are met.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

SAPinst would ask for user/passwords for sure. Schema user for sure and and probably for <sid>adm (not sure need to check my docs).

@Ashsish,

Get <sid>adm,<ora>sid, Schema user passwords before hand and use them accordiingly as and when asked.

Regards.

Ruchit.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

DB Schema sure, it does not ask for any username/password during Export.  Now during import is a different story 😄

Regards, Juan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

You shouldn'tbe asked for any particular users during the export. R3load should use the OPS$ mechanism to connect to the database.

Be aware that the system copy guide does recommend to change the passwords for the database SAP<SID> or SAPR3 user and also for the system user to default.

Regards, Juan

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I'm sorry to ask you again.. but actually i have a document of system copy export for DB2/Unix.. for NW2004sSR2 where i can see it has few screens where it is asking for user

ABAP Connect user

Java connect user

SAP System admin(sidadm)

database admin(db2SID)..

Do i have to provide new passwords for this users ??

thanks a lot for your help.