cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM:Putaway strategy "I" add to existing stock..

ashish_andani
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone..

Scenario:

I have one HU managed Storage Location in that I hav one warehouse and 4 storage types with SUM activated..

Putaway strategy is "I" add to existing stock also.

Now i have created the bin and manually put the new material(Handling units) into the newly created bin...

but for the next time when i am putting away the next HU into the warehouse it is giving the next empty bin...instead of suggesting me the previously put away bin..

Even At the time of creation of TO Screen also..GOTO.Menu...Add to existing stock and Storage type options are disabled...

can anyone suggest me..whether i have missed any config or what should be right approach for this..??

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"I have one HU managed Storage Location in that I hav one warehouse and 4 storage types with SUM activated..

Putaway strategy is "I" add to existing stock also."

Well, what do you want - SUM or addition to stock ?

Addition to stock means that the system adds to the existing quant an incoming quant with the same quant information. But if you have SUM and you have an HU coming in - the HU is part of the quant information, so an addition to stock can not happen. Only mixed storage would be possible then.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Activate the Indicator Mixed storage & Addition to existing stock Indicator to X

Strategy I is always efficient if capacitycheck is activated. You can use approriate method as per business scenario . In that case unless Bin is full next bin will not be suggested.

Thanks,

mahesh