SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merchandise Category Reference Article functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

My questions relates to the following scenario:

1.  A base merchandise category already exists (i.e. BMC001), its does NOT have a MC Reference article (MCRA),  and has articles already assiged to the MC (i.e. 100 articles)

2.  A Merchandise category reference article is then created for the the base merchandise category (i.e. BMC001). 

>  And all articles created after the MC reference article is created will inherit the MCRA details.

>  Where a field on the new article is changed (MM42) that was inherited from the MCRA, the link between the two fields will then be broken.

The question is:

Can the articles that existed prior to the MCRA creation, be linked to the MCRA?

If so, how can they be linked?

Thanks in advanced for your feedback

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know the answer is no. The MCRA is basically a set of default values for articles created in the assigned merchandise category at the point of creation. After the articles have been created no link is maintained.

There is a separate concept of reference store & DC (logistics views) where during listing the actual store views are created (MARC records). In this case the link between reference site and actual site is maintained depending on configuration of the actual fields in the screens (via customising transaction OMSR). The variances between the reference site and actual sites are held in table MABW (and are reset if the actual site values are put back to equal the reference site).

The topic of assortments, listing and article maintenance is quite extensive but for an excellent dive into the detail see Bjorn Panter's post here

regards

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your feedback Marcus, I thought this was to be the case. 

I have seen the article you have pointed out ... it is a good read.,

Thanks again.