Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same material need to behave in different ways one is normal TAN and 2nd TAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Required ur inputs

My Sales orders is having 10 line items . in this 1st to 5th line item got full confirmed and item category is TAN.

and same material from 6th and 7th line item got partial confirmed . and same material from  8th,9th and 10th line items not got confirmed,

now from which  ever line is not confirmed those material should be determined as TAS. is these can be  achieve from Standard SAP  or any enhancement required  .

Regards,

Seegal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

'TAS' item category is relevant for third party (means for trading goods which schedule line category would be CS).

For same material you can't maintain 'TAN' & 'TAS' (if you want to determine item category automatically) together because for same material how item category group (for 'TAN' it should be 'NORM' and for 'TAS' it should be 'BANS')will be different?

you can do it manually in item category determination( if you maintain 'TAS' in manual item category column). But it is not a standard practice better to say not feasible as 'TAS' is for third party item.

Thanks

Sourav

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

which  ever line is not confirmed those material should be determined as TAS

The standard behaviour is that based on schedule line category which you assign for item category, system will confirm the stock.  What you were asking is vice versa which is not possible in standard.

Users have to change this manually.  Even if you want to go for user exit, you have to write a coding on what logic, system will not confirm and the reasons could be many which I feel, is not feasible.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Seegal

As per my understanding, you just have to do item category determination for your sales document type.

Currently, TAN would be your default item category, there is next column as manual item category. Just enter TAS as manual item category in Tcode VOV4.

By doing this you can change the item category of line item 8,9 and 10 manually in the respective sales order.

Whenever the sales order is created for the same material, TAN will be determined automatically.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Let me know if any further queries.

Regards

AB