NW 7.1 Installation on SQL 2008 R2
I am facing problem in SAP NW 7.1 installation on Windows 2008 R2 and SQL 2008 R2.
Above combination is supported as per PAM.
1) See Prerequisites Checker Result as below.
I have ingnored this warning and go ahead with installation.
2) Now I am stuck at phase, create/Modify database schema
Log does not provide any clear error.
Please note that I have already followed below notes:
1) I have patched SAPINST as per note: Note 929929 - Latest SAPinst Patch
2) I have modified kerner as per Note 1480785 - Creating a Modified Windows Kernel DVD
3) Updated Microsft DLLS Note 684106 - Microsoft runtime DLLs
Also note that I have already installed SQL 2008 R2 on this server. I have other 3 SIDs running on this server with SQL 2008 R2 as database.
Let me know your view.
I tried many ways to make this installation work. NW 7.1 on SQL 2008 R2.
By certain workarounds and manual steps, i could complete installation. However, i got various warning/wrong data in db02, st04 and spam etc.
I had to uninstall this and reinstall again on SQL 2005.
(I had also raised SAP message. Even after all pursuit, SAP suggested the same path).