cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete wrong entries from Info Object and Info Cube

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had loaded mistakenly a wrong file while creating CVCs and also in LSMW for creating SNP Product Master data. Later we realize and deleted incorrect CVCs. Today I was told that even though the CVCs are clean and planning book look clean as well for all locations and product numbers (before they mixed upthat is location shows some product numbers and location shows some product numbers within a list to choose from) but Info Object still shows for Locatoin and Product characteristics as mismatch that had wrong CVCs. When I tried to clean this data from these two info objects, systems asked to "with SID" or "without SID". In either case it won't save the deleted entries. It means I am unable to delete the entries.

There is a system generated Info Cube (for internal use) there with Z_DP name. It also has these mismatch.

I don't see master data for this mismatch so why it is so difficult to delete those mismatch entries from info objects or Info Cube?

Please advise

Sam

Message was edited by: Sam Schroff Now I was able to use SE14 and adjust and delete data from SID table for each of required Info Object and went over to RSA1 and select and delete unwanted values. It allowed now to remove the entries but now if I go to DP Planning Book and I am not seeing any selection to appear although I can see values to choose from in shuffler. What we need to do? Do we need to run and upload all master data/attributes/hierarchies/ history load etc. to see the data? There should be some clean process out there or BW it really requires monumental efforts for just plain cleaninsing activity, I wonder.Hmmm. Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rico_frenzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sam,

you can clean up the not-used entries as follows:

- enter txn RSRV
- Select:
  -> All Elementary Tests
    -> Transaction Data
      -> Entries Not Used in the Dimension of an InfoCube
- and enter the POS-Name as infocube name.

Then you exeucte this test and the system gives you a "Correct error"
option. This does delete the unused entries.

Best regards
Rico Frenzel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rico,

Thanks for your response. In our case "Entries Not Used in the Dimension of an InfoCube" not work. I guess the reason being these wrong entries loaded recently while entries not used refer to if these are inactive quite a long time to delete them out. I ran the t-code as per your instructions but I did not find any errors to correct. Fortunate enough for us is that the planning data is not corrupted but these wrong entries are shown if you see the entries for Info Object.

I was told that we need to delete all info cube data and reload them and then it may allow us to delete the incorrect values out of Info object (characteristics), sounds weird but not sure that is the only solution for this kind of problem

Guru,

Though you suggest a very good point about correcting the data but in our case we loaded a flat file. Key figures do not have incorrect data but only characteristics show values that we do not want to see if we select Info Object.

Thanks,

Sam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam,

If I understand this correctly, you created CVC's initially in the MPOS from the Infocube that had incorrect data. You deleted the CVC's from planning area ref POS but you stil see mismatch between data in reference Infocube and planning area or the source data and planning area !

If this is as simple as this then you can go to the data target under schedule > infoprovider and delete the request ID  that loaded the wrong data to the infocube. This will clean up the wrong data in Infocube. You can then copy the data from Infocube to the planning area. Next load the correct data in infocube and generate CVC's again in POS for planning area. Again copy the data from infocube to the planning area

If there are other infocubes that are used for back up etc. repeat the same steps. i.e.  delete the contents of the internal cube and take back up again.

If you still see differences/incorrect entries in planning area, it is recommened to physically compare Infocube CVC's to Planning area ref POS CVC's by dumping them to excel sheets. Once you know the differences you can delete the copied KF data in planning area, maintain the CVC's manually and then copy the data from cube to planning area. It may so happen that realignment or copy program run in the past with incorrect validity dates may have caused these differences. Sometimes the CVC's in the planning area may exist without corresponding characteristic in infocube because of realignment.

Guru