cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Solve APO CIF Queue Issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have got issues with APO Inbound queues. Can you please suggest steps to resolve APO Inbound Queue issues. Please help me with some basic steps as well as advanced solutions.

Thanks and Regards,

Jallu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

claire_yang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jallu,

This depends on what error you got in APO inbound queue.

If the queue is in NOEXEC status, usually you can try to manually execute the queue;

If it has errors, you can first try to search SAP relevent notes in service maketplace, or debug the queue for a deep analysis. You can also find the order number in queue name, you may also check the order in detail.

You can also try to delete the error queue and run report Rimodini in ECC to transfer the data to APO again.

Claire

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jallu,

Presume you are relatively new to CIF. Unfortunately SAP help wont explain how to resolve unique CIF errors as there could be zillion ACTUAL reasons for Q errors. However general classification of error messages and types exist in help. The message status can 'correspond' to several message types and final messages

Since this is a generic question, I will reply in tutorial form for everyone's benefit.

Since you are a beginer on CIF, to begin with ask the system administrator to maintain a detailed logging and debug entry for your user ID in  R3CIF_USER img activity in APO. If he/she denies never mind. He may, if this is a production system and I presume it is.

Now copy the transaction ID of the queue in error and copy to external id field in transaction SLG1 and execute. Check other selections of date and user id. If you are lucky, you might get a detailed reason of source of error. If the error is related to master data or transaction data issues in source system, going by the basic description of the message in SMQ2, it will be transparent to you. Usually the errors have a serial effect on other queues because of one MAIN source of error that block several other Q's that may or may not contain the error text as yet. To appreciate this phenomenon you need to appreciate the concept of LUW's and serialization first. and how LUW's constitute Queues depending on settings for data transfer (SMQR/SMQS transaction)

E.g. a material not existing in a plant in APO or ECC may block several documents containing this and other dependent materials of BOM, against different error texts. Missing set up matix can cause several errors in transfer of resources, PDS and dependent orders. A change of production version may cause errors in orders that used this production version.

If it is a technical error that sounds greek or with no logs then you can try posting again on this forum. someone somewhere would have resolved a similar issue.

It is important to appreciate the fact that reasons for a CIF Q error with particular message could be many. So you should proceed with resolution systematically based on your understanding of the landscape. Fix the cause of the error first, whatever it takes it fix it and whoever can fix it. There is no escaping this and there are no short cuts. Sometime this might be a very frustrating and thankless job but it needs to be done. There are NO automatic corrections of CIF errors.

Same applies with CIF post processing. You are only deferring the action required. You still need to resolve the cause of errors.

Once you are comfortable with basic troubleshooting, you can view the CIF table entries in the  LUW to get further information on the problem. LUWs carry with it several entries to APO. If this is also not helping understand or trace the real source of the error, the last expertise needed is bebugging of the faulty LUW but thats after.  You can take help of the developer to do this. He will tell you where exactly is the Q failing. You can then narrow down to the real reason.

If you still cannot resolve the error, write to SAP.

Hope this tutorial helps.

Cheers

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see that the queue is blocked due to PO in APO Inbound. But this PO already exists in the APO.

How should i unblock the queue.

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jallu,

I think you should provide the screenshot of the SYSFAIL queue. It can happen that though the PO is already in APO system, there is an update happening on the document in ECC and queue is triggered to update the APO database.

You can use SMQ3 transaction to save the queue to see if you can process it at later point of time or you can debug the queue to find out why the queue is resulting in error.

Thank you

Babu Kilari    

Answers (0)