cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

Any one please explain me what is the difference in between HR Travel Management & FI-Travel Management?

I am new for Travel Management, I don't know what is the steps to be config. how can it integrate with FI/CO?

can any one send me full config document on TV

Thanks & Regards

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Travel Management is an own module (it was hosted soem time in HR and also in FI).

Posting will be done to FI via interface (if you are set up Travel on the same physical system as FI no action required) But you also can think of to run travel on an seperate HR system. Than the posting can be transferred via ALE functionality to the FI system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi any one explain me about below mention question as for my knowledge?

1. what is updating of employee mini master data within SAP Travel Management?

2. How do integrate GDS with SAP Travel Management? what are the prerequisites?

3. what are the external systems other than GDS to integrate with SAP Travel Management?

4. What is the Trip Schema in Travel Management?

5.what is the process of recording a trip in travel management

6. How are financial entries transferred to FI ?

7. Integration between FI to Travel Management and HR?

Thank you

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

IMO Travel Mgmt should have been considered as another cross application component, however since it relies mainly on FI and HR hence it cannot be purely based in one or the other module.

Unless the user is not an employee in the system the Travel Component cannot be access by the user, hence ESS. and therefore HR.

Unless the Funds are not allocated in the system the Trip cannot be encumbered and postings cannot be made to the system, hence FI.

The module can be accessed and configured complete from the Financial Accounting (New)  -> Travel Mgmt  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By functionality, no difference in HR Travel Management & FI-Travel Management, in some releases this module was considered in FI and some modules it was considered in HR.

Please find below complete help..

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/FITVPLAN/FITVGENERIC.pdf

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thanks for your response and can you plz explain me what is the process to send travel expenses or any expenses done in TV to FI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

All is included in this book.. check Posting to Accounting related topic.