cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandatory fields in customer master record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have created an account grp for customer master record.

I need credit control area field as mandatory but when i am making this field as required entry in account grp. The system is making credit control area and payment gaurantee procedure both the fields as mandatory in customer master record in billing tab.

My requirement is to make only the credit control area field as mandatory, not the payment gaurantee procedure as mandatory..

Pls help. early suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Suresh N wrote:

Hi all

I have created an account grp for customer master record.

I need credit control area field as mandatory but when i am making this field as required entry in account grp. The system is making credit control area and payment gaurantee procedure both the fields as mandatory in customer master record in billing tab.

My requirement is to make only the credit control area field as mandatory, not the payment gaurantee procedure as mandatory..

Pls help. early suggestion will be highly appreciated.

In standard SAP, both the fields are controlled by one Field Status Group only, so once you make it mandatory voth the fields become mandatory, so it is better to keep it Optional only.

Regards,

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to particular account group and make the entry as optional or required .

Menu path:- spro - > financial accounting-> accounts receivable & accounts payable -> customer accounts-> Define screen layouts of the customer account group.

Then select your account group and do necessary changes.

Regards,

Raviteja

Regards,

Raviteja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Menu path:- spro - > financial accounting-> accounts receivable & accounts payable -> customer accounts-> Define screen layouts of the customer account group.

Regards,

Raviteja

Regards,

Raviteja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regards,

Raviteja

Regards,

Raviteja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regards,

Raviteja

Regards,

Raviteja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi suresh,

I am too facing the same problame still I have got any solution.Please let me know if you got any alternative.As of now what I did is I have put dummy value in pgp and convience the client.

Thanking you in advance

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

please try the fix that here (SPRO):

highlight the 'Create Customer (Sales)' - Details

click on 'Sales data'

click on 'Billing' group

check the settings there

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

In continuation to the above reply .

select your account group and check the sales area data u can find the entries which needs to be made optional or required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

account group obd2 select ur account group click sales area data and select billing and click credit control area field  is required.entry.....