Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

iPad connectivity issue with SAP BO 4.0 SP2

Hi All

I am not able to connect my iPAD 2 to my organziations BI Platform . We have SAP BO Bi platfrom 4.0 SP2 installed. All the features and components of this platfrom are working fine . But when I try to connect my iPAD to it I get the error ' Connection to the server could not be established; try again or contact administrator ( MOB 06031)

I followed the following steps for installing the mobile server and connecting iPad to the BI platform

1. Stop Tomcat Web application server.

1. 2. Copy the file, MobileBIService.war from one of the following SAP BusinessObject Enterprise locations,

as appropriate, to [Tomcat home directory]\webapps.

For SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise 4.0 SP02: [Install directory]\Mobile 14\Client

For SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise 3.1 SP04: [Install directory]\BusinessObjects Enterprise

1. 12.0\java\applications

Note:

1. MobileBIService.war is supported only on Tomcat.
  2. 3. Start Tomcat.

After this I get MobileBIService  folder.

To configure the categories, perform the following steps:

1. 1. Locate and edit the file, [Tomcat_Home]\webapps\MobileBIService\WEB-INF\mobi.properties.
  2. 2. Add the required categories to the request sources (default or iPad) as shown below.
  3. default.personalCategory=Mobile

#ipad

1. ipad.corporateCategory=Mobile
  2. ipad.personalCategory=Mobile

#iphone

1. iphone.corporateCategory=Mobile
  2. iphone.personalCategory=Mobile

Now I go to my iPad and try to make a connection

I go to Settings-> connection on my Sap BI Mobile app on iPad

The connection details are as follows:

Name : I gave it any name.

Server URL : http://<servername>:8080/BOE/BI

CMS Name: <Server Name>:6400

Authentication: Enterprise

Username: My SAP BI 4.0  Username

Password:  My SAP BI 4.0 Password.

After this I get ‘ Connection to the server could not be established ; try again or contact your administrator ( MOB 06031)’

What has to be done more  to get my IPad connected to the organizations SAP BI Platform

Also I can see Mobile Server configuration wizard installed. Do  I need to use this too to connect my iPad.

Thanks,

Anshul

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question