cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIS 30951 Doc can't be retrieved from FRS

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're getting the following error when we try to open some but not all Web Intelligence documents:

The document can't be retrieved from the File Repository Server.  (WIS 30951)

Specifically, we get this error for approximately 500 documents that were created or last modified (or both) on April 29 or April 30.  There are other documents created or last modified at that time that are fine.  We also get the error for approximately 400 documents that were created and last modified on Feb. 27, 2012.  Again, other documents created and modified on that date are fine.

The CMC shows the documents and has the FRS filename and path, but the file isn't in that path in the FRS; even the directory that the file should be in doesn't exist.

We could restore the documents from a back-up.  But this has happened twice this year, and also happened in previous years.  I need to find out why this is happening and prevent it from happening again.

Any suggestions?  We're currently running XI 3.1 SP 5 and in February we were running XI 3.1 FP 3.1.

Laura Bollettino

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

We did open a case with SAP, and after a great deal of troubleshooting they did identify the cause.  If I remember correctly (it's been a few years), the cause was that we had five central management servers in our prod environment, which is much more than we need for our user load.  Under rare circumstances, when a document is being written to the FRS, two of the CMSs interfere with each other so that a pointer is written to the CMS database but the file never gets written to the FRS.

SAP didn't have a solution other than to reduce the number of CMSs, which we did when creating out BI 4 environment.  One thing we did that helped was to run reposcan twice a week.  The reposcan log identifies objects in the CMS database that don't have corresponding files in the FRS, which tells us that reports went missing since the last scan.  When this happens, we inform the user it happened to so that they can re-create the document if it was important.

I'd suggest that you open a case also, in case the cause of your issue is different than ours was.

Laura

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

Thank you so much for the detailed reply.

We opened a case with SAP, and was told that any reports which had missing FRS files couldn't be recovered.

Our BO admin changed the cache setting in the web intelligence server a few days ago, and we have not had any further report corruption.

We are keeping our fingers crossed and taking daily BIAR backups as I write this post.

Thanking you once again.

Regards,

Govind.

former_member190982
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Govind and Rupa,

We are on BI4.1 SP03 and are planning to upgrade to BI4.1 SP06.

Could you please let me which version you were on prior upgrade to SP06?

Regards,

RVS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

We were in SP5 and then we installed SP6. We are running into a lot of issues in SP6. Some of our issues are fixed in SP6 Patch1 looks like.

Thanks, Rupa.

former_member190982
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rupa,

Thanks a lot for the reply, could you please list down some of the issues ,other than the FRS one that you are facing .

that would be really helpful..

Regards,

RVS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

We are seeing these issues:

1. Schedules reports failing with FRS error

2. BIWS not working. Fixed in SP6 P1

3. Lot of core dumps.

4. API errors (when idle on a document, or when trying to save a report, etc) - this is intermittent

5. Publications - not able to use xlsx instead had to use only xls files

6. Search not working properly - search is showing reports from other users inbox, and not able to see the report I searched for

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It can be because you are running SIA Under Local System account which does not have sufficient privileges to acces the filestore directory.

Try this:

1. Start the Central Configuration Manager  (CCM)

2. Stop the Server Intelligence Agent (SIA)

3. Right Click and go to the SIA Properties.

Under Log On As, Uncheck 'System Account' and enter a (domain) account user wha has Read/Write access on the FileStore Location.

4. Apply et start SIA

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sounds like FRS location that existed during creation of those report has changed -- do you have more than one pair of FRS servers ?

Are your BOE servers clustered?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

Our environment is a cluster of 5 BO servers, but we have only one FRS (one Input FRS and one Output FRS).  I see why it might look like the FRS location has changed.  However, some reports that were created and modified at the times in question (Feb. 27 or April 29-30) are fine while others can't be opened.

For example, on Feb. 27, a user copied a folder containing 941 documents and pasted it elsewhere in public folders.  Of the 941 documents, 415 can't be opened but the other 500 or so are fine.  Apparently whatever is happening is intermittent.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case it'll be better to open a Support Incident with SAP, so this can be investigated properly.

How was the folder copied?
If it was copied and not moved - is the original folder accessible and all reports viewable ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

My team is facing the same issue with BO 4.1 SP6.

Did you raise a ticket with SAP, and if so, did SAP manage to provide a resolution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are seeing the same issues with scheduled reports failing with "The document cannot be retrieved from file repository server" error. We have a HP ticket with SAP but no resolution so far.

We are on Linux OS, BI4.1 SP6, 2 tomcats/clustered and 2 CMS/clustered, F5 LB, FRS is on NAS, We did a live to live migration from 3.1 to 4.1 and resumed all the schedules in 4.1. Some reports run fine and some fail with this errors. If we rerun the failed one they run fine but they fail again.

We are trying to reschedule some and see that works! But we have a close to 1500 schedules jobs where we don't want to reschedule all of them and that too we need to login as the user and reschedule as the owner of the schedule will change if we login as administrator.

We had 2 AJS server, but based on KBA 1868751, we disabled one AJS and kept only one AJS. But still we are seeing errors. I also deleted cached universes from CMS servers thinking that they might be corrupt. Will see if that fixed the problem.

Anyone has any resolution to this please let me know.

Thanks!

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please follow SAP KB 1903736 - Error: "The document cannot be retrieved from the File Repository Server. (WIS 30951)" while scheduling webi reports in recurrence in BI4.0 and clean the cache of all the Web Intelligence Processing servers following the steps indicated in the KBA 1820190 - How to clean the Universe Cache in BusinessObjects

Regards,

Jin-Chong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin-Chong,

Thanks for your reply. So do I need to delete the cache of the webi processing servers as well as delete the universes from the storage folder?

I have done what is mentioned in the KBA 1820190 but we are still see a lot of jobs failing. I have not deleted any cached reports as I am not sure where the webi cache is.

Thanks, Rupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

After looking, looking, looking...I came across this article. I think this may be our issue!

We are on BI4.1 SP6 but this is exactly the issue we are facing: I am sharing this KBA so that this might help someone.

Note 1840656:Migrated WebI recurring jobs fail with WIS 30951 error due to missing si_paths …

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"I am not sure where the webi cache is"

Delete all from <BOInstallDir>/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/Data/<server_port>/storage/docs directory.

If you have a centralized output cache defined for all BI4.1 WIReportServers in a NFS mount, that would be that /<nfs_mount>/storage/docs directory.

Note that all web icache subfolders will be rebuilt when web reports are fetched from FRSInput.

Good luck and let us know how if this help.

Regards,

Jin-Chong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin-Chong,

I tried clearing the cache and still seeing the same errors. At this point we are not sure whats causing our scheduled reports to fail with FRS err

SAP is still investigating the issue.

Here is what they see in the trace log files:

webiserver_SIACMS2INTP.WebIntelligenceProcessingServer_16026_2015_09_02_18_41_33_724_trace.glf file-

Line 2532: |5ed0c113-286b-1229-4c4d-e20895fbce3c|2015 09 02

13:41:34:029|-0500|Information| |==| |

|webiserver_SIACMS2INTP.WebIntelligenceProcessingServer|16026|47614215083776||

|106|3|2|8|BIlaunchpad.WebApp|rrlnx-bipiw01:32383:12314.65157:1|Webi

SDK.CorbaServerImpl.doProcess()|rrlnx-bipiw01:32383:12314.65157:19|webiserver_SIACMS2INTP.WebIntelligenceProcessingServer.openDocumentMDP|localhost:16026:207640320.60297:1|Ch8BGork30aUrk.00oYQp3Yfe83|||||||||||

SResourceSource::LoadString File Repository Server %1 is down.-

Line 2536: |8d8375d2-f41c-6606-542d-bce647f1b620|2015 09 02

13:41:34:030|-0500|Error| |>>|E|

SDK.CorbaServerImpl.doProcess()|rrlnx-bipiw01:32383:12314.65157:19|webiserver_SIACMS2INTP.WebIntelligenceProcessingServer.openDocumentMDP|localhost:16026:207640320.60297:1|Ch8BGork30aUrk.00oYQp3Yfe83

|||||||||||**ERROR:dg_storeCE:Unable to retrieve the document from the

FRS [kdgstoreCE.cpp;1024]

Line 2548: |fc074ac2-b56c-cc59-f7cb-f35e2b6fde0c|2015 09 02

13:41:34:030|-0500|Information| |==| |

SDK.CorbaServerImpl.doProcess()|rrlnx-bipiw01:32383:12314.65157:19|webiserver_SIACMS2INTP.WebIntelligenceProcessingServer.openDocumentMDP|localhost:16026:207640320.60297:1|Ch8BGork30aUrk.00oYQp3Yfe83|||||||||||

ct_cdz_error_context:MESSAGE:The document cannot be retrieved from the

File Repository Server. (WIS 30951)-

Line 2631: <ERROR COMPONENT="WIS" ERRORCODE="30951" ERRORTYPE="USER"

MESSAGE="The document cannot be retrieved from the File Repository

Server. (WIS 30951)" PREFIX="ERR">

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"We are on Linux OS, BI4.1 SP6, 2 tomcats/clustered and 2 CMS/clustered"

I am sure both of your FRSInput Servers are up and green, can you please check

1. is FRSInput servers are configured to have request port, such as 6402, setup and firewall port is opened for 6400-6459?  If so,

open a xterm on SIACMS2INTP and run

telnet SIACMS1INTP 6402

telnet SIACMS1INTP 6403

and vice versa

open a xterm on SIACMS1INTP and run

telnet SIACMS2INTP 6402

telnet SIACMS2INTP 6403

Just to be sure if this "File Repository Server %1 is down" is not caused by firewall port blocking.

2. if all is good and green and firewall port is open, stop FRSInput and FRSOutput on SIACMS2INTP, does Webi work and open a report?

Regards,

Jin-Chong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jin-Chong. I will give this a try and let you know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin-chong,

Sorry to get back to you so late on this.

In our DEV environment, we have only once server and very simple install, there is no firewall, cluster, LB etc. We were able to reproduce this issue on our dev too. Scheduled reports are consistently failing with WIS 30951 error.

We sometimes get the same error when we try to open a report as well as save a reports. Its been very frustrating.

SAP is still investigating!!

Thanks, Roopa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

Please  refer to the SAP article : 1615899 - The document can't be retrieved from the File Repository Server. (Error: WIS 30951)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoubia,

I don't think that SAP note 1615899 is relevant to our issue.  That note refers to the situation where you can't view or schedule any Web Intelligence document.  We actually can view most of our documents; it's just a small percentage that can't be opened.