cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Upgrade to 7.1 missing ABAP components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I try to upgrade a Solution Manager from 7.01 SP 25 to 7.1.

During the MOPZ I selected "Upgrade"

In the step "Select Stack-Dependent Files" there are only two ABAP components liste:

ST-ICO and ST-SER.

SAP-BASIS, SAP ABA etc. are missing.

If I select maintance and not upgrade, i get also SAP BASIS and so on.

Does anybody know why this components are missing for "upgrade"

Thanks

Kind regards

Arne

Arne Knöller

IT Outsourcing
SAP Projects 1

TDS INFORMATIONSTECHNOLOGIE AG
Konrad-Zuse-Straße 16, 74172 Neckarsulm
Tel. +49 7132 366 1344
Mobil +49 174 3091839
Fax. +49 7132 366 2344
arne.knoeller@tds.fujitsu.com

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arne,

Our systems do not have access to the SAP and therefore we ran the maintenance optimizer in simulation mode and had SAP generate the stack.xml file for us.

I believe the reason you are only seeing the ST-ICO and ST-SER packages for selection is that you will use the upgrade media to perform the upgrade. The latest media (Solution Manager 7.1 SR1) already contains the latest Support Pack Stack (SPS4) so there are no further stacks to apply.

Both the ST-ICO and ST-SER components only require a minimum level to function within the stack but can be maintained independantly of the stack therefore you could select the latest version of these.

I believe that what you are seeing within MOPZ is correct and that you should continue through the process to generate your stack.xml file.

Regards

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ryan,

thanks for your reply.

If i continue, I only get arrond 40 files and mainly this are for JAVA.

I don't think that the upgrade will work for ABAP without any support packages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arne,

I believe what you have is correct, the majority of the ABAP packages are contained within the upgrade media. I suspect the only ABAP packages you will have are for SPAM/SAINT, ST-ICO and ST-SER.

For our upgrade we had between 30-40 packages supplied as part of the generation of the stack.xml

Regards

Ryan

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP switched the upgrade media to 7.1 SR1 which contains more software packages and hence less to download:

Note 1577909 - Additional information about Solution Manager 7.1 SR1

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both,

then I will trust the MOPZ and continue the upgrade process.

I used to get more download files in addition to the upgrade dvds for an ERP upgrade. But it probably make sense, for Solution Manager.

Thanks.

Arne