cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_CUSTOMERQUOTATION_CHANGE - reason for rejection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm using BAPI_CUSTOMERQUOTATION_CHANGE for updating quotations with a reason for rejection. BAPI gives me an error 'No item category available (Table T184 Z2AG ...)'. I've checked it in T184 table and the correct sales document type and category is there. What could be the reason? Thank you in advance.

Best regards

Pawel Smuda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message is usually rather misleading as it only states the result Item category could not be determined or determined incorrectly), not the cause. The cause is usually either incorrect master data or incorrect data is passed to BAPI (e.g. material is not meant to used in the quotation) etc.

Try to debug (you can set the watchpoint for the message) and see what conditions are checked before the message occurs.

Oh, and do not pass any specific item category to BAPI (unless this is a requirement). Just use material # and let the system determine the category etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

I need to pass material number in line item too. Now its working. Thank you.

Regards

Pawel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi pawel ,

just check it out from which legacy system you  are uploading the data if it is Excell there may me chance of u left space in between that or if it other legacy system then the format

And kindly update me the same if u got some answer

Regards

Ramesh