cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key Reports by mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone help configuring some new functionality in report side ? i want to implement in for my client ?

My idea is to have few reports in sd side which are commonly and most frequently used by manager or say HODs, to be generated automatically, say every fortnight or once in two days or may be once in month and fire a mail to outlook to the concerned person.So that he/she doesn't have to depend on user to fetch reports for him,

waiting in anticipation

Regards

jagz

Message was edited by: G Lakshmipathi

Please use the subject effectively

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to follow below steps to fullfill your requireemnt:

1) Goto tcode SM36 tcode and then click on steps, you will get new pop up then click on ABAP program tab and then give program name and give variant name of program for which report need to send to user.

2) Then create distrintuion list with tcode SO23 and add the email id to whom it should send.

3) Then add the distribution list in spool list recipient and give either email id directly for single user and for multiple user choose distribution lists and give the name for the same.

4) Select conditions and click on date & time for scheduling the same and click on periodic values and save it.

5) Then save the batch job.

This will create the batch job periodic basis.

If you want to run once only then goto SE38 tcode and execute report program and run in background so Automatic Batch job will generate. You have to goto SM37 and then click on scheduled checkbox and then execute so you will able to see your batch job and then run it.

Once batch job finished check the spool for your reference.

This should resolve your issue.

Regards,
Amit

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

you would simply use the periodic background job(s) with the distribution list(s) contains your particular user(s)...

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jagz

Try scheduling your reports using T.code SM36.

Regards

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can use SO23 to create distribution list which may contain all mail IDs of managers you want to send report periodically in their mailbox.

Regards,

Rajesh