cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct connection in PI - point to point

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello expert,

I have requirement to set up direct connection in PI. We are using PI just for configuration.

Scenario is   Non SAP to SAP.

Third party application is having form that user will fill out and when user click on submit, it will call PI webservice(soap).  PI will then call abap proxy and return the data to User with response.

Is this possible I can use Direct connection in PI here?  I want to use direct connection because i don't want to add unncessaray  layer of PI for this synchrnous call.

Thanks,

A Shrey.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Third party application is having form that user will fill out and when user click on submit, it will call PI webservice(soap).  PI will then call abap proxy and return the data to User with response.

if you want to do a direct connection this party app needs to call SAP directly

direct connection only means that in case of SAP - SAP communication

the receiver determination link would be propagated to the message sender - nothing else

so in your case just call the ABAP proxy directly from your third party application

direct connection cannot help you a lot if it's a non SAP sender app

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your explanation. Now I have one question.

Third party application wants to authenticate user id and password from SAP system.

So user will enter user id and password and that needs to be authenticated with SAP

Business wants to use PI for this authentication. Does it make sense using PI (even AAE) here?

Thanks

A Shrey.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the blog for Direct connection then you can decide with your requirement.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3780