SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Financial Customer Care

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Currently I m working on CRM ISU integration where we have to accept payment through cheque from FCC.In the incoming payment option everything is fine.Payment is posted also through cheque and not coming in Open item list.When we check in Account overview it coming in Payment field and showing as "Payments Arranged-FCC" but the it not updating ISU FICA.

Can anyone please guide me what exactly FCC is in CRM for , why it is not updating ISU FICA , what configuration we require for this in ISU and in CRM where exactly(TABLE) is using to store financial data.

And there is one more option "Payment form".what exactly is that?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Kumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor

Kumar:

FCC is the tool by which ISU/FICA handles financial processes in ICWC. 

Accepting a payment via ICWC only signifies the willingness to make the payment - but does not complete it.  The payments made via FCC are only 'arranged'.  ICWC payment acceptance is not a replacement for cash desk or other payment posting processes.  You would still need to take in the payment and reconcile it with the payment order (acceptance).

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor

Kumar:

FCC is the tool by which ISU/FICA handles financial processes in ICWC. 

Accepting a payment via ICWC only signifies the willingness to make the payment - but does not complete it.  The payments made via FCC are only 'arranged'.  ICWC payment acceptance is not a replacement for cash desk or other payment posting processes.  You would still need to take in the payment and reconcile it with the payment order (acceptance).

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi bill

Thanks for the reply.Like you said payments through via FCC are only " arranged" what does it mean?

Because I saw in payment list against the transaction in text field "Expiry date" what was that?

Can you please share some more points on the complete process of FCC because I am new in this.

And if you please share the table names where these FICA data of CRM getting store that will be really helpful.

Thanks and Regards

Kumar

0 Kudos

Bill, could you please elaborate on the process of reconciling the payment after accepting it through FCC. I can see the payments in the payment list - though am unsure as to how it's supposed to finally post and clear items in the system.

0 Kudos

Hi Usman,

After accepting payment through FCC you can see the key generated i.e."xxddmmyyzzzzzz"after that in ISU FICA and use the same key to post it through FP25 or FP05.

I hope it will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kumar

0 Kudos

thanks Kumar.

I see a reference number that gets generated - however, how do I go about using it in the aforementioned transactions. Do I need to tweak my "line item layout" to add another field to handle this ?

Also, would I be able to post a payment through FPY1 ?

0 Kudos

Hi Usman,

There is no need to change the layout.You have to use the selection category for reference key(need to define seprately) and against that you can accept the payment.

I dont think you can accept payment through FPY1.

Regards

Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Kumar, thank you for all your help - I am almost there.

One quick question - I can't spot the Reference Key generated through ICWebclient in FICA table DFKKOP ( line items ) hence am unsure about which field to use as my Selection Category.

0 Kudos

Hi usman,

You will get the reference key in "DFKKAVK" and "DFKKAVP" tables.

I hope you this will resolve your problem.

Regards

Kumar

0 Kudos

Thanks Kumar - that fixed it alright !!

0 Kudos

Hey Kumar, I've got another question in regards to FCC.

Are we allowed to accept "Overpayments" via standard FCC functionality ?

0 Kudos

Usman:

In standard, FCC does not allow for overpayments.  Those must be processed in ECC or you need to enhance the webclient.  FCC is not meant to replace cash desk/journal for payment processing.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

thanks Bill - we've started working on that enhancement; I am hoping we're gonna get it done through webclient

0 Kudos

Hi Bill, Is there any place I can get Financial Customer Care -Basic Customizing (F94) and Financial Customer Care - Bill Display and Dispute Management (F95) best practices guides. Looks like all these guides are moved from the portal. Please let me know where can I get these docs?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Stephen

Stephen:
i see that the help is here Check if that helps.

regards,

bill.