cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block CJ20N to create project manually and copying from operative project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I need to setup the system so that system allow to create Project/WBS/NWP only by copying from standard ProjectWBS/NWP. In other words system should now allow following:

• New Project without copying any existing operative Project
  • Manual project creation

I think there is now standard config to achieve this, can someone suggest any available userexit/BADI to achieve this functionality?

Thanks in advance,

Warm Regards,

Jatinder Bansal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a Z Transaction  code or transaction code variant and maintain only what you require in that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better is convince the user to adopt from Std Proj Def and don't use operative project. Ask them that this requirement can not be full fill as this is Std SAP screen and no modification are advisable in the same.

Regards

Raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts any possible user exit to achieve this?

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Experts any possible user exit to achieve this?

None are available.

Your requirement can not be achieved in standard SAP.

It's purely consulting issue. You need to convince your client.

In case you'll have to achieve it, you'll have to modify SAP standard code, which NOT AT ALL ADVISABLE. In case you do any changes to standard code, SAP will not support you.

So best thing is, retain standard functionality. Educate your users.

Good luck.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alternatively you can try creating a z-object for Authorization control for the field "project def." ( Filed - "VORLAGE" and Table - RCWKP). This you can use to  in all user profiles who have access to project creation transaction codes. Do not allow anybody to create project with this authorization z-object.

And you can make "Std.proj. def." field mandatory by modifying the code.

Again I repeat refrain from modifying SAP standard code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the various reasons, the above functionality is practically not feasible and I have never come across such kind of requirements. I am not sure about others experience in this case.

It apprears to me that, you are looking in similar lines of creating sales order either create a new one or copy from existing orders.

Std SAP has given you the functionality to go with either pick from std templates or from operative projects. Let me see experts views on this one.

Regards,

Sudhakar