Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW security

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have tried to put this question a lot and not getting solution some how

When a user is trying to see the see the content of some Infocube in rsa1 he is getting an error "User master record is not sufficiently maintained for Object company code,User does not have authorozation for infoprovide Yo_BLCOND.

I have tried the following thing from my side.

In ST01 and SU53 no error is coming it is showing successful authorization.

I have tried Chaging the values in R_RS_COMP but again not working.

Please help me on this.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if it is an authorization problem, you should give the user sap_all and the equivalent for the BW authorizations. I wonder which what release you are working. If it is 7.x then look if the there is an info object that need to be made authorization relevant and add this to the analysis authorizations and the user. Sometimes your problem is not the real one and you have to dig deeper. Good luck.

Have fun

Bye Jan van Roest

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if it is an authorization problem, you should give the user sap_all and the equivalent for the BW authorizations. I wonder which what release you are working. If it is 7.x then look if the there is an info object that need to be made authorization relevant and add this to the analysis authorizations and the user. Sometimes your problem is not the real one and you have to dig deeper. Good luck.

Have fun

Bye Jan van Roest

0 Kudos

Thanks Jan for your reply.

You have mentioned to make authorization relevant.Can you please help me where exactly check and change the authorization.

That will be really helpful.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi,

if it is an info object (I have some doubts) you can do this with transaction RSD1. Make, if this is so, an analysis with this info object and the proper authorizations.

You also can try 0bi_all to add this to the user or a role with object s_rs_auth. That is the bi sap_all for reporting.

When you make an info object authorization relevant, it is automatically added to 0bi_all with the value *.

I am curious to see what the real problem is.

have fun

Bye Jan van Roest

0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the reply.

Let me tell you the exact steps user is doing.

He is logging in BW system and executing tcode listcube , user reaches to a screen stating "Call      List Viewer for Data Targets and then I put YO_BLCOND in Info provider and execute it , then I select any of the Info object and execute it there it gives me the error"User master record is not sufficiently maintained for Object company code,User does not have authorization for infoprovide Yo_BLCOND.

I have given the same authorization what you have asked me to do but it did not help

I am putting the Tech information also.

Your user master record is not sufficiently maintained for object Company Code Authorization Object

Message no. BRAIN805

Diagnosis

When checking your authorizations for object 'Company Code Authorization Object' (technical name: ZCOMPCODE) it was established that you do not have authorization in your user master record for this object (return code 12).

Procedure

How you continue depends on the return code. See the online documentation for ABAP language element "AUTHORITY-CHECK". Please note:

• With a return code of 12, the object 'Company Code Authorization Object' has not been maintained in the user master, meaning there is no profile in the user master record in which this authorization object has been entered. This is, however, absolutely necessary, as all of the authorization objects created in the development class RSR are validated in the 'and' link. If the authorization is missing for only one object, the request is rejected as unauthorized.
  • Get the person responsible for your authorization to create you a profile containing authorization for object Company Code Authorization Object

Thanks in advance.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Raghav,

Check in SU21, if there is any custom authorization object called "ZCOMPCODE". If found try creating a role with that along with SAP_ALL.SAP_NEW to narrow it down to security issue.

Strange that nothing is coming up in ST01, can you cross check if you are on the same app server as the user.

Cheers !!
Zaheer Kazi

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks,

I searched for ZCOMPCODE object roles and put the YO_BLCOND.I assigned it to the user it is working fine for now thanks Zaheer

0 Kudos

Great to hear that.

If your query has been resolved, can you close this thread as resolved.

Cheers !!
Zaheer

0 Kudos

Hello Zaheer,

I am very new to this What I have to close this thread

0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you get this problem after a  copy from a cube or a transport. When you look in google with the message you see some more.

have fun

Bye Jan van Roest

0 Kudos

No, It is not with copy or a transport.This is I have found in normal function of a user, though I am not very good in BW so I posted it here.

Regards