cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F5727 Maximum number of items in FI reached in CJ88

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

We have linked the 500 assets to WBS element XXXXXXXXXXX in CJ02, during the Final settlement in CJ88, SAP is throwing an error “Maximum number of items in FI reached”.

Can you suggest what could be the possible reasons for the error? I am aware of FI summarization solution released by SAP.

But can we check how many actual line items are settled via WBS element till date?

Apart from FI Summarization, is there any other solution to this issue?

Your earliest help on this would be highly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Regards

Leena...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

Please provide your inputs on my question.

Appreciate your earliest help.

Regards

Leena...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Leena,

Yes, your understanding is correct. You need to reduce the number rules with FXA. Please split the line for example, 50%, create a manual posting in order to reduce the value in 50% and do the settlement for 250 lines, after that reverse the value and repeat this process for another 250 lines to be settle.

Regards, Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply. But my concern here is that I have just given 500 assets and these assets which have no values. It is not crossing over the limit of 999 then why am I getting this error?

I have the AUC in the first line with 100% settlement and for the rest of the assets I have given equal amounts to be transferred.

Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong in this process.

Thanks for your replies and best Regards

Leena...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

The error occured because year 2011 balances of WBS were not settled and user tried to settle them along with 2012 hence even the assets were 500 it gave 999 line item error because on CJ88 execution it generated 2 line items for each asset one for FY 2011 and other for 2012 which lead to 1002 line items.

Solution was to settle whole WBS value to one FXA and then via ABUMN transferred balances to remaining 488 assets.

Thanks for all your valuable suggestions.

Leena...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Leena,

Yes, Amaresh is right. SAP note 36353 explains the reason for this error and how to avoid it. It suggests to use FI-GL summarization (customzing transaction: OBCY)->Ref. procedure AIBU.(refer to note 36353 to define the fields to be summarized, which means the defined fields will be blanked.)

If it is not feasible/practical for your case, you can only consider to detach the settlement rules for part of the AuC line items to run the settlement with less line items than 999 (see SAP note 557905).

Regards, Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your useful reply. Further question -

Here we have given 501 assets in settlement rule for the WBS Element.

Can we reduce the number of assets in the Settlement rule say to around 200 assets now and then again create new settlement rule for the remaining assets?

Is this what you suggested if we don't go for FI summarization?

Thanks again and kind Regards

Leena...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which SAP version are you using?

Regards

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we are using ECC 7.10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is that the SAP version or the logon pad details you have provided?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry we are using version 6.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Leena,

Refer to the follwoing links:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1576300

You may also want to refer the notes: note 36353

You can also check the transaction OBCY to summarize the document.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leena,

Please check if SAP note 612641 is relevant. Analyse the correction instructions with developer.

Regards

Shrikant