Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAM - No OCS Packages found for this selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

I try to aplly support packages using SPAM  (Client: 000):

-I updated Spam to version 7.30/0045

-I unpacked and paced the package files for SAP_BASIS, SAP_ABA, PI_BASIS and SAP_BW in EPS/in

-I loaded the packages using “Support Packages->Load packages ->from Application server” – they are listed as "Uploaded Successfully"

-I try to define the Queue – "New Support Packages -> Display"  I get "No OCS Packages found for this selection"

Any tip ?

Thanks and Best Regards

Johannes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Johannes,

Is your maintenance certificate current for the system that you are trying to patch?  If not, SPAM will not allow you to build a queue.

Regards,

Josh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Josh,

Thanks for the tip.

The license in the system in question is not valid at all (expired last year) 😉

This is a training system. In my understanding, there is special coding in ABAP so that training systems does not have the same restrictions as customer system.

I'm  wrong in this ?

Thanks

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos
Johannesburg, Regardless of system classification, a license and valid maintenance certificate is required for building OCS queues.  Regards, Josh
Former Member
0 Kudos
Sorry, Johannes...auto correct.
Former Member
0 Kudos

I now have a valid license and a valid maintainence certificate in that system - the issue remains...

Former Member
0 Kudos
Johannes, Have you checked your support pack dependencies to rule out missing packs or incompatible versions?  If you look at the list of your packs from SPAM, any missing pre-reqs will have a red X.  Also are you trying to apply a specific support pack stack or just patching components individually?  Applying a given stack, assuming pre-reqs are covered while ensure compatibility.  Regards, Josh
Former Member
0 Kudos
Johannes, Have you checked your support pack dependencies to rule out missing packs or incompatible versions?  If you look at the list of your packs from SPAM, any missing pre-reqs will have a red X.  Also are you trying to apply a specific support pack stack or just patching components individually?  Applying a given stack, assuming pre-reqs are covered while ensure compatibility.  Regards, Josh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is an old post, but thought someone like me might still stumble upon this same issue in the future. That's why I'd like to add that it might be you have not applied prerequisite support packages. that is, you are currently on SP21 and want to apply SP23 when you have not yet put in SP22.

Go to SPAM and bottom-left, select New Support Packages and click Display. Drill down and you may find what I found here when I hovered my mouse on the Red X's - a "prerequisite not fulfilled" message.

anandkarthik_raja
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

Could you please check in /EPS/in directory whether you have downloaded the corect packages.....

REgards,

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Johannes,

the following link might be helpful.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1228737

SPAM

Regards,