cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP server and java SERVER INTEGRATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have Installed Abap ecc6 EHP5 in Host A and java server in Host B now I want to integrate abap and java server

Please guide

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you want to integrate here ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

i just want to connect my DEV abap and DEV java via rfc to use portal functionality etc on abap side.

I have created RFC in JCo, it is starting properly, but when i'm tryin to create rfc in abap system it is saying ERROR: SAP gateway connection failed. Is SAP gateway started?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahid,

Are you trying to connect a type 3 RFC destination ? Please remember JAVA systems don't have gateway service running by default except for some higher releases (if I remember correctly). You can start it explicitily but doesn;t make any sense in this cas.You need to use Type T and that should do the job. Of course you need JCO RFC destination defined on JAVA side before that.

Integration of ECC and EP is anyways much more than that. 

First you need to decide what exactly you want to integrate!

Regards.

Ruchit. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

In abap side I gave RFC Type T not 3 now exactly  we want to connect abap server and java server for Portal ( ECC and EP ) how to check and start Gateway service in JAVA side .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

For ECC and Portal there should not be any need for a RFC conenction. You can define a System object in Portal for your ECC system , then you can consume that system object in your iViews.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using BW as a client in our abap server ( ECC 6 EHP 5) for example DEV 100 for functional configuration and 300 is dedicated  for BW client. some HR transaction give error when I check error detailed it required portal also in second need we will used BOBJ Xcellsius using BW Xcellsius also need Portal that is why we need integration between ECC 6 which is only abap stack ( in Host A ) and java server only java stack ( in Host B ).

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahid

Search in google for integrating BWP with EP.

please find the below link ............may be  helpfull for u.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0a5216a-349c-2a10-9baf-9d4797349...

Thanks