cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport code correction from sandbox to live env in EhP upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are now doing EhP upgrade, and I would like to know if the following is possible

First we have a live environment as follow:

D01 (DEV) > Q01 (QA) > P01 (PROD)

And we duplicate that as a sandbox environment:

D03 (DEV) > Q03 (QA) > P03 (PROD)

We will try all the upgrade, SPAU, SPDD, code fix etc at the sandbox environment.

We will try to keep the live environment unchanged so we may transport the request of SPAU, SPDD, code fix etc form D03 (sandbox) all the way to P01 (live)

D03(SB-DEV) > D01 (Live-DEV) > Q01 (Live-QA) > P01 (Live-PROD)

Would like to know if the above is possible, and how to set it up.

Regards

Bill

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, this is possible. What you need to do for this is- when you do SPDD and SPAU in D03 then don't release transport request manually but instead mark it for transport, it will add entry in umodauto.lst file and you can find this file in /usr/sap/trans/bin.

So, when you will do upgrade in D01 then copy this file at same location (/usr/sap/trans/bin) and also copy data file and cofile there. So, upgrade tool will automatically pick-up this request. And then it will compare the objects in this transport with objects that upgrade tool find to adjust. If there will be any delta then it will give you the list and you need to adjust those delta objects manually.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for the prompt reply again! That's solved the problem on SPAU, SPDD.

Any indeas about the code correction not included in SPAU? Some customized report affected after upgrade for example?

Regards

Bill

Message was edited by: Bill CHIE

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have upgraded your Sandbox and find reports that need correction you can create a transport on your Sandbox and import manually into DEV and the rest of the environment post-upgrade.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks for the input, would like know the details for manual import you mentioned.

Do you mean to create a transport of copy at D03, and then copy the data file and cofile to D01 and import the request?

Regards

Bill

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manual Import means- copy datafile and cofile to your system and then go to STMS and manually add transport request to the queue. After that you can import in your subsequent systems.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Would like to know if you have any reference for the operation you mentioned?

Regards

Bill

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

After a few try, I managed to generate the files and import to our DEV.

But the same request is not show up on QA, would like to ask one last question that:

Is it possible to setup it up so I can transport it all the way form DEV to QA to PROD like normal request

OR

I MUST repeat the step in every singal environment to import the request manually?

Regards

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Got the follow warningwhen edit the program after import:

Carry out repairs in non-original system only if they are urgent

It is because the original system of the package changed to D03 after import, would like know if there are any procedure I can follow to fix this?

Regards

Bill

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can carry out the changes in this system. Its a warning. Since changes came from different system, so, it is giving you this warning.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

I am not able to find the file umodauto.lst in the mentioned location, any idea?

Regards

Bill

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this file should be in <transport directory>/bin.

Have you marked transports for SPDD in transaction SPDD to use it for further systems ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for the prompt reply again.

Below is what I done:

1) Release the tasks under the SPAU request (The request itself is not released)

2) Run T-Code SPAU

3) Press F8

4) Press the button label as "Assign Transport"

5) In the dialog follow, press Upgrade

6) Select the request

I also do the same to SPDD after reading your reply, and after a full search on the server, I find the file under the following path

\usr\sap\P01\EHPI\abap\bin

Which is not <transport directory>/bin

Please let me know if I missed anythings

Thanks in advance

Regards

Bill

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please check content of this file whether it contains transport request numbers that you used for SPDD and SPAU ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you gone through

Note 51046 - Transport transfer; Central transport directory mentioned in the guide.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

The content of the file is correct.

After reading a few other forum posts and document, I wonder if my understanding is wrong, as I always think the file generate at the time I flag it...

In the forum post: http://scn.sap.com/thread/1504484 which you also invloved, it mentioned notes 68678.

I think the problem is I execute the SPDD and SPAU (in sandbox of course) AFTER I finalize the EhP upgrade, so the step which export the files never run after I flag the request.

Hi Vishal,

Also read note 51046, but it seem not related to my problem, thanks for trying to help.

Regards

Bill

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SPDD phase runs during upgrade. So, if you will flag this transport then it should come in umodauto.lst file.

For SPAU, it depends how you did SPAU. If SPAU was done post upgrade then this transport you need to move manually after upgrade of subsequent system finishes.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (0)