cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error occurred while transferring file 'C:\Users\I069622\Downloads\KB73007.SAR' from the frontend computer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi team,

I update the SAP_BASIS 730 by SPAM.

I download the KB73006.SAR,KB73007.SAR by download manager.

I successfully update the KB73006.SAR.

but when I use the same way to upload the KB73007.SAR it show the following error,I use other system to test this file ,it shows the same error.

Does it mean the KB73007.SAR file is corrupt? I am not sure ,have you meet this issue and can help me?

An error occurred while transferring file 'C:\Users\I069622\Downloads\KB73007.SAR' from the frontend computer

Message no. TN726

Diagnosis

An error occurred when copying the file 'C:\Users\I069622\Downloads\KB73007.SAR'.

Procedure

Repeat the action. If more errors occur, install the latest version of the SAPGUI.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firstly, let me tell you how to verify whether the .sar file corrupted. Use "sapcar -tvf" command to verify or "-xvf" (like what you done). If there is no error, then it is good, although there is a file with 0 byte.

In term of possible reasons for error:

1. There is a router (if under different network subnet) between the SAP server and SAP GUI frontend. High end router can be configured to allow file upload quota to control the bandwidth. You can test this by using FTP, scp, rcp, Windows copy commands to test between your PC and server (or any machine within the same network as SAP server). This normally happen for large file in a budget WAN, or high security environment

2. There is a network packet lost during file transfer between the PC, firewall, router, ADSL modem, network card. SAP GUI front end does not re-transmit if there is a network packet lost, which could result in abnormal behavior. This normally happen in low speed or congested WAN link than LAN environment. Again, uses FTP to test a file with double the size of the sar file

PS, when troubleshooting this type of problem, the size does matter. A 300 KB (floppy disk) file file and a 4 GB (DVD size) make a big different when travelling through network (LAN or WAN). LAN can archive several hundred MB/s (if running gigabit network), while low speed WAN can only archive 100 KB/s (not surprise to see 30 KB/s during peak hour). The larger the sar file, the longer it takes to transfer, and encounter network hardware error.

If you tested with FTP and confirmed it is network related, escalate to network department to resolve it, and prevent future problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your professional reply,now I totally understand it.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siva,

I use the SAPCAR to unzip the SP7 and found the SIGNATURE.SMF is 0 which is different from SP6.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neil,

Did you get any permission denied error message for SIGNATURE.SMF file when extraction? I don't think it is causing the problem. Did you try to upload this file from ../EPS/in?

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

No error shows when extraction.

C:\Users\I069622\Downloads>SAPCAR_5-20002092.EXE -xvf *.SAR

SAPCAR: processing archive KB73007.SAR (version 2.01)

x EPS/in/CSN0120061532_0062195.PAT

x SIGNATURE.SMF

SAPCAR: 2 file(s) extracted

C:\Users\I069622\Downloads>

I upload the CSN0120061532_0062195.PAT to the /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in and do the update and successfully.

But I was curious why other SAR fiels such as KB73006 can upload from the frontend computer but

only KB73007 can't and show me the error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neil,

What is the size of this file? Usually 10MB or more size files can't be uploaded via frontend.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siva,

Thanks for you reply the file is about 160M,I test it if the file more than 200M system will give a hint to your ask whether continue if you choose yes ,it also can upload by not recommended.

For the file less than 200M it will no hint .

Thanks,

Neil Cai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neil,

I would suspect the file size. What was the file size that you were able to upload successfully?

Did you try to upload from ../EPS/in? That would tell you if the file is corrupted or not.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar