cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not getting any straight answers for this question!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This question i've posted before, but i didn't get correct answer. I'm posting it again!!!!!

I'm very confused about the flow of process.

right now i'm working on webmethods. I did worked on lots of message types like 850, 810,856,832,940,997 in X12 and also EDIFACT.......for that past 2 1/2 years.

This question is completely related to SEEBURGER ADAPTER NOT ANY CONVERSION AGENT:

when an EDI message comes into XI it will be converted into EDI-XML format bye seeburger adapter. where we get the prototype of EDI message? Do we have a package or namespace in repository from seeburger which gives all EDI prototypes? or we import as an XSD doc from our local system generated by 3rd party tools?

Do we write a mapping program(EDI-XML 2 IDOC-XML) with graphical tool or do we have a tool provided by seeburger to write mapping program? I heard that seeburger provides mapping programs(not those modules which converts standard EDI to XML EDI) which will convert EDI XML 2 IDOC-XML. is this is true?

how do we process EDI file sent by customer? is it ISA level or ST level? because there may be many situations where one ISA has multiple ST's.

Please explain me if possible with one scenario......i read all the links provided about this question so i need a practical example.........

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. You will get the EDI from the Seeburger.When you deploy the Seeburger adapter on XI. you have to create a different namespace in repository.on that namespace you will get the mapping rules provided by seeburger .From that namespace you have to copy the mapping to your namespace .

( i ):::: Then just follow the normal procedure to develop your object..

2.excatly..for mapping seeburger provides the mapping tool that is (BIC Mapper).On this tool you can (i )create your own format (ii)you can convert XML format to any EDI standard and vice versa

3.to process the EDI file by customer you have to develop a project..tell me on which scenario you want to work..(like EDI to IDOC or IDOC to EDI)

Best regards

Manas Mahani

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

my few comments:

1>>>>

generally we import XSD

2>>>

for standard process, mapping programs are already provided from Seeburger. you can use that. Else, you can create like normal mapping in the XI. Because once u use Seeburger Adapter, it converts EDI format into XI -understandable xml format.. so now it is like any other scenarios,

3>>>Many times, if you use EDI adapters, you need to think of firewalls etc..So it depends on the landscape. If they provide the file, then it is easy..

this doc may help u-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/135b0b94-0701-0010-f6a9-86a14057...

rgds,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna and Doss,

Thanks a lot for ur response.

U said we import XSD, these XSD's we get from 3rd party tools like spec builder etc.....or XI provides?

Regarding firewalls, we generally request our change management team in weekly CR. Do you know how seeburger handles AS2 communication? if so please explain me.

if you have any sample scenario please send me..........

Krishna garu,

the link you attached is may be corrupted, its not opening up....if you have this document with u, can you please forward it to santhosh.wm@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Krishna,

I'm able to open the file now. please dont send it.

The problem was i'm using a mac, now in windows i'm able to open it.

Thanks a lot.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I sharing my experience

>>> when an EDI message comes into XI it will be converted into EDI-XML format bye seeburger adapter. where we get the prototype of EDI message? Do we have a package or namespace in repository from seeburger which gives all EDI prototypes? or we import as an XSD doc from our local system generated by 3rd party tools?

We import XSD.

>>>Do we write a mapping program(EDI-XML 2 IDOC-XML) with graphical tool or do we have a tool provided by seeburger to write mapping program? I heard that seeburger provides mapping programs(not those modules which converts standard EDI to XML EDI) which will convert EDI XML 2 IDOC-XML. is this is true?

We had a simple scenerio and opt for graphical mapping ( message mapping )

Regards

Agasthuri Doss