cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sometimes batch split occurs with 0 line item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Sometimes when I create a delivery off of an STO, a batch split occurs. This gives 2 line items - 1 'main' item and the other is a 'sub item'. Due to this split, when this gets carried to invoicing, it also creates 2 line items (1 with zero quantity) which generates a pricing error.

Why does it produce this batch split for some deliveries and sometimes it doesn't? What settings need to be looked at for this? I know I can change the copy control to 'G - cumulative batch qty' to fix the issue at invoicing, but why is this occuring originally on the delivery?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

that means that there is an automatic batch splitting set up in your system.

you can look at that in SPRO...

regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Pistol 123 I have a thesis that may work. I was facing a similar situation but from outbound delivery to invoice. I think and I may be wrong I have to recheck it. At the time you create your delivery in your case STO do not click the plus sign which (exploded the sub-items) shows the batches on the item lines and then try to do invoice. I think at time of invoice you will just see the main item. It happened to me so at one time it was coming, then at another time it wasn't so I am assuming its caring what it sees from the STO to the invoice document.

2nd point for some freaking odd reason don't know why SAP is doing this but the sub-items in your case the batches are taking up a 2nd item category. In my scenario I was using main item TAN as item category and for sub-items I made a copy of ZTAN and deactivated pricing so that way when you create invoice there is no need to include price for sub-items (batches). Do maintain G in the item category as you previous stated.

Hope this helps in some way.

Regards,

Muhammad Ali Lozada

I used this SAP note: 77414