Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

same Material Should invoice twice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Hope everyone is fine.

I have a tricky requirement from my customer side.

Customer-A ordered material once we went to customer-A to deliver him the material he said i am not ready to accept the material at this time . then same material is delivered to another Customer which is customer-B.

customer-A will be sign off and should be invoiced as per the terms & condition), in this scenario, the

same item has invoiced 2 times. means first for customer-A(A-Rejected then Shift to B) then Customer-B.

How is this possible. What to show in delivery . If i reverse the document then i am not able to do billing.

So far don't know how to do this in SAP System because its a very tricky one.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the OTC process you have Customer A and its other partners (SH etc. etc.) in the system but you are physically doing something different (selling to Customer B) - This is incorrect and potentially "very dangerous" (for data parity between SAP and the physical business process).

I agree with Alan,

SO created for customer A > Delivery created for customer A > Customer A not accepting ....> information - via phone - given to admin > Admin Deletes delivery (reverses PGI, reverse picking) > Admin Deletes sales order > Creation of new sales order > creation of new delivery...PGI date in the past is possible

Side by side the delivery truck can deliver to Customer B.

Email can be sent to staff of customer at Customer B site, he can take a printout, sign it and then hand over the delivery note to the truck driver. Which the truck driver returns to his Admin staff for the creation of billing document for Customer B.

11-May-2012: After reading Bojja's comments, I think

1- more information about the business process and the business "agreements" is needed to suggest about the process flow in SAP

(e.g. when Customer A declines to accept the goods, does he pay for the delivery charges?

Is customer A in agreement with cancellation of billing document?)

2- Deleting the sales order - as suggested by me, above - is not correct, you can use a "Reason for Rejection" in the item level of the sales order rather than deleting the sales order. Giving a reason for rejection shall help "track" these kind of cancellations, for "management reviews" etc.

3- Deleting of delivery: I am still uncertain about this step! More business process information can help to give you suggestions on the "delivery to Customer A"

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

OTC process one customer reject the order , one thing give clarify

when you send the material to the customer with out invoice how vehicle will move out side ,

another thing customer reject the material , on the middle ,  when reject the material customer it shoes system also , other wise its not calculating system , when cancel  the delivery and sale order , i think it is not correct ,

in my comapany maintain as different for export change the buyer process

va01-vl01n-vf01(proforma)

next you create the another invoice with out fi postings, after based on this create the return order and delivery ,

after with reference to the return order create new order for another customer , delivery and billing ,

in that system you show all data

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you!

Why are you creating 2 invoices? (proforma invoice and then invoice with out posting to accounts). With directly invoice without posting, you can create a RE order > RE delivery > new sales order etc.

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

because proforma all ready issue to the customer, based on this you create the excise invoice also , on that time with reference to create the return it copy excise duties , thats why , you another conman invoice , with out fi postings , when you  create the common invoice on that that customer sales process will close then , you create return ,

that why you create the another common invoice, this for export cases it happen,

once the raise the order complete all process , the material reach at port , but customer reject the order , on that happen this process

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

you want to change the party , please check this process , same process it use in my business but it is export change buyer process ,

after delivery you create the proforma invoice for customer A,

then you create another  invoice with reference to same delivery but no accounting entrys ,like you create the another dummy invoice , you make a settings for below screen

done the this settings , then you create the change buyer invoice , here you enter the invoice header account assignment group -zc-billling close . so create the one customer account assignment group zc-billing close , then when you create the billing but its no accounting entries happen ,

after you create the customer -B , create  sale order with reference to zcep , but here assign one schedule  lines category, and also settings in vov4 , but here not assign any movement type  , after create the delivery , but this delivery done , it not relent for inventory , after you make a invoice for customer -B, then it close

please check this

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bojja,

Your post looks interesting. Unfortunately it is not totally clear to me. Could you please explain again?

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

If customer A sign off on invoice, customer don't want to accept the material, there should be a return delivery process. Do a Return Order and Delivery, Goods receipt and Credit Note to Customer A. Do another Sales Order and delivery and invoice to Customer B.