cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason for rejection - partial line item quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to capture metrics using various reason for rejection codes at the SO line item level. This works fine for rejecting line items (complete line item cuts), but need a method to capture partial cuts and a rejection reason for the decrease.. So, my question  - Is anyone aware of SAP functionality for capturing quantity decrease(partial cuts) ? I see there is some functionality in AFS solution, entering the quantity decrease and associated rejection at schedule line and wondering if there is a way that can be enabled in non AFS environment. OR any other ideas to accomplish. We are ECC 6.0 F&B.

dp

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When reducing the order quantities (through VA02) for a line item you shouldn't use the Rejection Reason since the line item is still valid and active. If the complete quantity has to be rejected, do you prefer to change the quantity to zero and then apply the rejection reason also?

If the quantities for a line item are changed multiple times, do you wish to have the details of the sequence of changes or just the original order quantity?

In addition to the alternatives suggested in the thread provided by Jelena, another option is updating the item Text during every quantity change, to capture the information. It needs user traning and user discipline to implement this.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Very similar question already posted just a few days ago:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3169057

Unfortunately, there is no perfect solution.

As a side note - it feels like in these difficult economic times companies almost turn to micro-management trying to find where they could be losing revenue. At the same time the customer service / sales rep folks probably already know most of the reasons why order quantity is being changed. But instead of just talking to them, upper management comes up with strangest initiatives to capture all the details of any change in the system. I'm not sure if in this case the cost of implementation plus loss of productivity (if the users have to enter additional information when making changes) will result in increased revenue. Just IMHO, of course but thought I should bring this up.

If this does not exit in SAP then most likely Fortune 500 companies are somehow doing their successfull business without it... Just something to think about.