cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Copy - Error during the sapinst (User tables belonging to the dbo schema were found in the database...)

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is in Windows Server 2008 (R2) X64 with SQL Server 2008. The SAP version is NW 7.0 (ECC 6.0).

I´m facing with an error during the sapinst by performing a sap system copy. I attached the datafiles in the target system and now I´m performing the sap system copy using the detach/attach method. So, the error is during the sapinst and it show me the following error:

"User tables belonging to the dbo schema were found in the database T01. SOLUTION: You can only install an SAP system in a database with no user objects belonging to the system schema dbo. If there already is an SAP system in the database (MCOD), or you install a Java Add-In, you might have to convert the existing system to its own schema, or contact your SAP support."

So, I did some checks... I know the owner of this system is the our own SID (when I check the option system --> status I see that in owner field (so I concluded this is a schema system (MCOD) - sapnote 151603 - Copying an SQL Server database)

I did other thing, I opened the SQL Management Studio and I checked the tables and there I see all tables have this name dbo.<table_name>... so I thing this is the main problem!

I searched for a solution and I read the sap note 151603 (the step 8), and I thought maybe the solution for this was running the SAP Tools for MS SQL Server... but I believe this tool isn´t for my case, because it said in this sap note 151603 the following:

"For Java or ABAP+Java systems that are based on a NetWeaver technology lower than Release 7.00, follow the instructions from Note 683447 (SAP Tools for MS SQL Server). If you cannot use the SAP tools for the SQL Server for whatever reason, you can also perform the following steps manually."

...and also the same statement in the sap note 683447 (SAP Tools for MS SQL Server) it said the following text:

"This only applies to SAP systems based on kernel 6.40 or lower. If you have an SAP system based on kernel 7.0 or higher, you must perform the system copy with SAPinst."

So... what actually I have to do for to correct this issue?! Can you help me please?! It is urgent 😞

Any tips!?

I attached to this message a print screen of this error (error.jpg).

Kind regards,

JDimas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hello Joao,

Recently I faced this issue.

After some search I came to following probable solutions:

1.Instead of using “Use Existing DB option”, choose the option,

create new database. It didn't actually create a new database, but used the old

one.

2.  SAPINST expects only tables in schema of your DB.

Obviously you have user tables in schema 'dbo'.

Run this statement to find out what tables SAPNST has a problem with:

use <DB SCHEMA NAME>
go
select * from sys.tables where schema_id = schema_id('dbo')

And then you have to decide what to do with them. Most likely you will have to to delete or export them.

I chose 1st option, that worked for me..

Thanks,

Vishal

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello to all,

This problem was solved some weeks ago, I forgotten to describe here how this was resolved... unfortunately I have no idea how it was solved, because I contacted SAP support and they solved after the application of some scripts which I believe it convert some things, like the database schema.

Sorry...

Thank you for your help 🙂

Kind regards,

JDimas

Former Member
0 Kudos

This also worked for me. Being only a sandpit I wasnt too worried about dropping those tables but I guess me being me I'd like to know what their purpose is and why they are there

Cheers

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks to Samuli and Bishal. Both are correct.

Have to find out dbo schema. And Drop them. If u make any back up of original one. They also will create same issue.

I drop them. And issue resolved.

Thanks

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have had similar situations before.

- first check whether identical object exists in target schema <sid>

- delete duplicate objects in dbo schema

- if you have already started SAP tools for MSSQL, you might have to re-clone the database from the source

- if you haven't started SAP tools for MSSQL, run the "system copy" option

Hope this helps,

Samuli

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Samuli,

This error happened during the SAPInst tool procedures!

As I said in first message I´m not using the SAP Tools for MSSQL (STM) because as I said my sap system is a NW 7.0 and as is mentioned in sap note 151603 (the step 😎 and also in sap note 683447 the SAP Tool for MSSQL can only be used in situations when you have a sap system version with version before the NW 7.0 (I mean 6.40 or 4.6). I´m only using SAPInst tool:

"This only applies to SAP systems based on kernel 6.40 or lower. If you have an SAP system based on kernel 7.0 or higher, you must perform the system copy with SAPinst"

Regarding your sugestion to delete duplicate objects in dbo schema... I believe you´re saying to open the SQL Management Studio and check if I have, for instance, in Tables option, some duplicated tables, isn´t it? As I said before I did that, I checked if there are some duplicated tables in dbo schema... but all the tables are dbo.<table_name>.

Any tips?

Thanks
JDimas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sapinst in practice does the same thing as STM.

The schema conversion takes place as an automatic step.

The problem with the tool is, if the installation procedure fails DURING the schema conversion scripts, there is no way you can automatically reset the installation.

The manual way of resetting the installation means, you have to handpick the objects (tables, indexes, views, procedures, data types etc) owned by dbo, and delete them.

For me, I was always forced to re-perform the cloning/restore of the DB, and then, before starting the SAPinst procedure, manually delete all dbo objects.

Under normal circumstances, the dbo objects are created there by mistake.

BR,

Samuli

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Samuli,

I guess you still understand one important thing... I guess I didn´t explain well too...

I´m using SAPInst and this error/warning happened not in sapinst process (I mean during the sapinst phases processes), this error happened at the begining of sapinst roadmap... when you give the data, when you put the information in the SAPinst dialogs and enter the required parameters!

Kind regards,

JDimas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Joao, I guess I wasn't reading the thread properly.

In this case I guess you can track down all dbo owned objects and delete them one by one.

BR,

Samuli