Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP AII 7.1 / ERP EHP5

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We'd like to implement the track and trace functionality as part of SAP AII 7.1 and plan to install SAP AII in its own stand-alone netweaver stack.  Does the ERP system that we interface with require EHP5 (or any EHPs for that matter)?  We've not implemented any enhancement packages in our ERP 6.0 system.

I reviewed the master guide, but it's a bit confusing.  What I gather is - yes it does, if you use SAP AII 7.1 as an add-on to the ERP system.  If it's installed as a standalone system, the document seems to be a bit more vague.

I appreciate any insight anyone might be able to provide.

Thank you much!

~TJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To complete the thread...In addition to Christian Jansen mentioned...

You have to identify what process you are implementing. Depending on the process SAP Backend can be "SAP R/3 4.6c or higher" or "SAP ERP 6.0" or "SAP ERP 6.0 + SAP enhancement package 5 for SAP ERP 6.0", etc.

You can find the same under the component "SAP Backend System" in the table "Software Units for SAP Auto-ID Infrastructure Installed on a Separate Box" for each and every process in the Master Guide.

Regards,

Bharat Vaka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TJ,

Could you please tell me how to implement sap AII ,SAP OER and SAP PI .presently we are having sap ECC6.0 EHP5 in landscape.

Presently I am working for a pharmaceutical company now the client wants to implement sap AII OER and SAP PI.

Please suggest me how to start this project. if you have any document please share with me and also tell me wheather sap AII and OER is an ADDon or it's a seperate component?

Thanks in advance.

christian_jansen
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hej TJ,

this is given in this Master Guide (Document Version 1.2 - 2011-05-23 / Material number: 50095578) in chapter 3.1.1. in the table on page 58: "The Backend system should be SAP R/3 4.6c or higher".

I guess that some scenarios will not run if you're on a low level with your SAP ERP system but unfortunately I could not find any Release Restriction Notes or sth else.

Cheers,
Christian Jansen

SAP Senior Technology Consultant
SCM Focus Group
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian Jansen,

Could you please tell me how to implement sap AII ,SAP OER and SAP PI .presently we are having sap ECC6.0 EHP5 in landscape.

Presently I am working for a pharmaceutical company now the client wants to implement sap AII OER and SAP PI.

Please suggest me how to start this project. if you have any document please share with me and also tell me wheather sap AII and OER is an ADDon or it's a seperate component?

Thanks in advance.