cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Suppressed reboot state error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Installed Client Tools for BI 4.0 rebooted system twice trying to install BI Platform Client tools 4.0 Sp2 Patch 15 getting error for suppressed reboot.

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

The article that helped me was 1544104 -Check Suppress reboot state

0 Kudos

Thanks, this helped me too.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

You can use below steps to resolve the Suppress Reboot Issue :

CAUTION

The following resolution involves editing the registry. Using the Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall the Microsoft Windows operating system. Use the Registry Editor at your own risk. It is strongly recommended that you make a backup copy of the registry files before you edit the registry. For information on how to edit the registry key, view the 'Changing Keys And Values' online Help topic in the Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).

To resolve the error message

1. Click Start > Run. The Run Dialogue box appears.
  2. Type "regedit" in the Open field. Click OK. The Registry Editor appears.
  3. Navigate to \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\
  4. Double click on the PendingFileRenameOperations
  5. Delete the content of this value
  6. Click OK > Yes > OK
  7. Launch the installer, no reboot is required

Above given are direct Steps

yannick_fonteny
Discoverer

It's ok

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tauseef,

Are you talking about the warning message that says you have a pending reboot? If so, I always reboot and then install and no longer get warned.

Thanks,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

I rebooted my system twice but the install package for some reason sees a pending reboot.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a KB that addresses this issue, just go to http://service.sap.com/xsearch and search for "suppressed reboot"

You can also search Microsoft TechNet for the same. Our product simply reports that your OS has this entry in the registry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this kbase:

1592070 - Error: Check suppressed reboot state - Information
Platform Services/Data Services 4.0 and later